Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stories (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tales of Happy Valley (Comments) (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657)

Reader 08-20-2008 01:58 AM

I thought of another reason. If you have some software that you aren't sure of, you might turn off administrator privileges when you run it, until you know you trust it.

Added: I forgot to tell you, Greg, Tales of Happy Valley is an excellent and very entertaining story. I for one would like to hear what happened at Boveena Bridge regardless of whether there are accompanying illustrations. :)

Greg 08-20-2008 09:15 AM

Thanks, Reader! I'm glad you enjoy the story! :D

Yeah, when it comes to installing software, I'm very persnickety about what I'll trust. I've seen too many other folks suffer from installing whatever's the latest rage and end up having to wipe their main drives to get rid of things.

Miros1 08-20-2008 07:15 PM

Um, you might want to search the Pearl Sims board for "boveena bridge." The story is there somewhere... suffice it to say, Gregsim got his butt kicked, really hard.

Greg 08-21-2008 02:26 AM

I suppose I could write out the whole story without illustrations. There's quite a bit more than just ol' Gregsim getting himself killed.

Miros1 08-23-2008 12:50 AM

Yeah, there's Dallas diving after a mysterious package at Lucy's request...

Greg 08-23-2008 01:47 AM

Not to mention the fact that Lucy has come loose and is falling into the gorge! :googlyeyes:

Yeah. I gotta write that story, even if it's just prose.

Crystal 08-26-2008 05:47 PM

If you write it I know I will love it!! I don't need pictures because you already showed what it all looks like and the characters too. I mean I love your pictures but the story would be just as good either way. :D

VampireSim 08-26-2008 09:18 PM

Greg, Happy Valley has deeply entertained me, along with several of the other stories you have wrote. I've been reading all the stories in Hullabaloo.

BTW: I have a separte account on the computer because I basically have a lot of pictures for different things, and my Mother didnt want to have to see them in her documents, so we have the separte accounts.

Greg 08-27-2008 01:47 AM

Thank you for telling me that, VampireSim! I'm happy that you enjoy my little stories! :D

You can sort of tell how it all started with sprinkling in a few little stories here and there, mostly in notes about the game. Then it started to coalesce into a real story with real characters. Though... come to think of it... it might really have all started with a few little stories on Moon Sims, where I had some vignettes about the Tour Guides.

Now, that sounds like a very sound reason to have different accounts. That way you can each have your own stuff! :D

mishmish0759 08-27-2008 03:15 PM

Whenever I try to Download a lor or Sim , i`m asked to Login...where do I goto register so i can log in???

Greg 08-28-2008 02:46 AM

None of my lots at the Hullabaloo are off line because they have embedded hacks and custom content that will mostly likely mess up your game, but you ought to able to download Greg or Sheba, and you should not be seeing a login prompt.

Let's try some direct links right from here:
Download Greg (about 550 K)
Download Sheba (about 250 K)
If you do get a login prompt, note what domain it's coming from so I know where to look for the error. In the box that pops up and prompts you for a login, there will be a little note that says who is asking for the password.

It's always possible that I overlooked a door dragon when I sent them off to the retirement home. I have some domain redirects goin that ought to be sending traffic from old thesims2.simshost.com to thesims2.sunsims.com, so the dragon might be hiding somewhere in that path.

VampireSim 08-28-2008 01:51 PM

I know Im Evil...Do you still have Jennie Jumps Place, and the building that defies gravity from Bonnyview Shores?

Greg 08-28-2008 04:48 PM

I'm sure I do. That would be Jeannie Jump's Weird Things Test Facility and the Graviton Test Facility. I just need to run them through Clean Installer before I upload the again.

Added: I uploaded the Graviton Test Facility to a new topic on Sun Sims. It's still the weirdest house I have ever built, though now I have an idea for an even weirder one! :laugh:

Jeannie Jump's place will be harder because I have to move the family out, export it, clean it, and zip it before I can upload.

VampireSim 08-28-2008 06:08 PM

Ok Greg thankies! Sorry about the trouble.

Greg 08-29-2008 12:35 AM

No trouble at all! Thought it will be a while before I can get to Jeannie Jump's. That's one of those things that requires careful planning.

Miros1 08-30-2008 12:29 AM

You can remove the Sims as part of the cleanup process. Just Pack the lot with inhabitants.

Greg 08-30-2008 02:43 AM

But if I do that, won't the game be looking for them to be on the lot when someone loads it?

Miros1 09-03-2008 06:07 PM

Nope! I've done this with the Maxis OFB lots and everything was hunkydory!

Hokieman 09-03-2008 11:51 PM

Rose, I've found that if I export an inhabited lot, it takes forever vs one with no sims. Not to mention, the file size is huge.

Greg 09-04-2008 12:57 AM

That matches my experience. I just start the export and then go find something else to do. Maybe with Clean Installer, I can then just export the lot segment and install it as a duplicate lot without having to move the family out.