Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Forum (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2 Different "Baby Signs" Meanings? (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560)

Zirconia Wolf 12-01-2007 07:44 PM

2 Different "Baby Signs" Meanings?

This is totally silly to ask, but it's been bugging me for sometime now.

I figure somebody out there must know why Sims use 2 different "Baby Signs" (pacifier pictures) in their various conversations & that somebody will explain it to me so I can quit obsessing about it.

So if you know the meaning of the down-turned/lighter blue symbol...

...verses the more common up-turned/darker blue symbol...

...will you let me know???? Thanks!

(The 1st picture is so dark because Sanjay & Priya were au' natural at the time. Since I don't use any "body part" mods, I hope I'm okay! If not, then I'm sorry & will pull it down. It's just the only picture I have managed to get of the "lighter" pacifier to date, as it almost never shows up in my game...)

Miros1 12-01-2007 08:41 PM

Maybe one is actually talking about babies, and one is talking about an interest in babies?

homerette 12-02-2007 06:52 AM

I believe that Miros is correct on that one. The first one concerns baby related matters and the second is actually discussing trying for a baby/having a baby. At least, as I've noted their appearance in my game.

Zirconia Wolf 12-02-2007 10:46 AM

Thanks...

That actually makes sense- although now I'm starting to question Priya's sanity, as that 2nd picture was taken shortly after she had given birth to triplets!

As she & Sanjay are both Pleasure aspirations with no "Have Baby" wants, I think a visit from the Sim Shrink is in order...

Greg 12-02-2007 12:39 PM

My guess: The first one indicates installation of a later expansion pack. I've never seen it. :lol:

Miros1 12-02-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf (Post 5858)
Thanks...

That actually makes sense- although now I'm starting to question Priya's sanity, as that 2nd picture was taken shortly after she had given birth to triplets!

As she & Sanjay are both Pleasure aspirations with no "Have Baby" wants, I think a visit from the Sim Shrink is in order...

Maybe they were discussing birth control?

Zirconia Wolf 12-02-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miros1
Maybe they were discussing birth control?

:laugh:

Greg 12-03-2007 01:33 AM

Y'know, I don't think there's a fear of having a baby, but I would expect that a female Romance sim would fear pregnancy. :thinking:

Miros1 12-03-2007 03:06 AM

I could swear I've seen it, but sometimes I see things that didn't happen...

If I did, I simply locked the accompanying "want to have a baby" and waited for the fear to go away before attempting conception.

homerette 12-03-2007 05:45 AM

There is definitely a fear of having a baby. It usually pops up after the first one or two come along rather quickly and an epic state of motive decay is extant.

Miros1 12-03-2007 08:00 AM

I play Knowledge Sims and reroll the LTW until I get Max All Skills. A born-in-game Sim can usually get perma-plat before graduating from college. Makes the baby thing much easier!

I do accidentally kill my pregger Sims from hunger tho... Macrotastics just isn't sensitive enough to hunger!

Greg 12-03-2007 12:08 PM

I, too, seem to have a vague memory of having seen the fear of having a baby, but only in family sims. :thinking:

Rose, you need to take better care of your sims!

Miros1 12-03-2007 08:49 PM

I was trying to get her perma-plat before the baby was born, so she could just convert aspiration points to full needs via the Energizer machine...

I either quit without saving or bring them back with the Reaper phone (Paranormal career reward). I think of it as suspended animation.

Greg 12-04-2007 11:28 AM

If a pregnant sim dies and you resurrect her, does she come back pregnant?

Miros1 12-04-2007 04:58 PM

Yep! Babies are defined at birth. Until then, they're just a bit flag in their mother's character file. The real reason for the "birth" cutscene is to hide the pause while the baby is created.