Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sims (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Wren Self Sim! (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99)

Wren 04-04-2007 06:52 PM

Wren Self Sim!

Weeeeee, look! If I use Rapidshare and then use "Upload from URL* I can upload things!!!!:blob8:
I'll upload pixie whatshername in a minute....but for now, here is my new self sim!
I have Pets and Seasons so they will be required. I do suggest getting Seasons though, it's by far the bestest EP.:)

This sim isn't entirely accurate, my hair is longer and a brighter shade of red in real life.:happy8:
Credits:
Eyes: Enayla
Lipstick, brows and freckles: Heleane
Eyelashes: Kate at Parsimonious
Skintone: Louis
Eyeshadow: Unknown...
Hair: Myos at The Sims Artist Union
Outfit: Serasims, site closed...
Do not upload on the Exchange, claim as your own, yadda yadda yadda...

Edit: The upload didn't work here but Wren got it upload in this topic on insimenator.net.
--Greg

Peake Preusse 04-04-2007 09:41 PM

She's a lovely sim, Wren.

Miros1 04-04-2007 10:06 PM

Very nice! And it's nice to know you found a work around for your connection problems!

Wren 04-04-2007 10:39 PM

Aw, thanks Peake Preusse and Miros!:D
Rapidshare takes a while to upload stuff but at least the connection doesn't time out so I can upload stuff here.:arrow:

Greg 04-05-2007 04:03 AM

Hooray! Hey, she's cute! That outfit is really cool!

Greg 04-05-2007 04:05 AM

Addendum: It appears that the Sims Artists Union site is gone now. Darn.

Wren 04-05-2007 10:20 AM

Thanks Greg!:D
That is my favourite outfit in real life but my boots are black and I don't have a belt like that.:happy8:
The Sims Artist Union was open last night...I still wanted to get one of their hair meshes.:(

Miros1 04-05-2007 11:10 AM

Looks to me like they're down for bandwidth. Can't blame them for not wanting a giant bandwidth bill!

Wren 04-06-2007 05:28 PM

Argh!! This zip doesn't work! I feel like hitting someone...I'll try get this sorted out.:(

Greg 04-07-2007 09:47 PM

Have you tried uploading her over at Insim, Wren? That might be a good way to determine whether it's a dfference in the servers or something upstream from there.

Wren 04-09-2007 12:29 AM

Yep, it took a couple of minutes but I managed to upload both her and Ashe over at Insim. And I tried again uploading again her, after 30 seconds the connection timed out.:confused:

Miros1 04-09-2007 01:40 AM

Means Greg's got some work to do...

Greg 04-09-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miros1 (Post 761)
Means Greg's got some work to do...

Yeah, if I can figure out what to do. It might be something beyond my control, like adjusting the parameters on the web server.

I could get away with that stuff on the SimsHost server because we had a dedicated machine and running our own customized version of Apache. Here we're running on a shared server; it's all I can afford.

Greg 04-09-2007 04:57 PM

Hmm... I s'pose I could try downloading them from Insim and using admin tricks to attach them to the message here; but on the other hand, just adding a link to the threads at Insim would provide the same function while burning Kathy's bandwidth instead of mine! :D

Wren 04-09-2007 06:57 PM

Hmm, I didn't upload them at Insim, I only attached them to a post I didn't post. :confused:
I'll just upload Ashe and me over at Insim....at least then I can cause trouble there as well as here!:weg:
Ha, these two sims have caused more trouble than they're worth.:D

Greg 04-10-2007 12:53 AM

But they're cute!

Never mind that I'm at the point where I'd need to create a whole new neighborhood just to install new sims that I'll never have time to play.

Wren 04-10-2007 10:37 PM

Cute girls are always worth the trouble of doing whatever is causing you trouble! Anyway, I uploaded myself at Insim! >>Right here!<<
I just put everybody's self sims in the Hullabaloo 'hood. Even then I think I have about twelve neighbourhood, I only play two of them.o__o

Greg 04-19-2007 05:23 PM

I'm up to 21 neighborhoods now. I do play most of them, but the majority have a specific function to perform in setting up screen shots for stories.

Miros1 04-19-2007 07:26 PM

I have 4 'hoods, one of which is for debugging the Grow Up hack for Syberspunk...

I have about 6 more 'hoods archived. I need to write a tool that will tell me which objects and skins are needed for the lots in a particular hood so I can install just those few things, instead of the tons of cool stuff I have stashed away in zip files...

Greg 04-20-2007 05:06 AM

That would be neat. We could use a utility that will just load what's required for a specific neighborhood and automatically swap directories around to accommodate each session.

Heck, it would be nice to have a utlility that would just sort out which downloads I'm actually using and which ones I'm not, and move the the ones I'm not off to a separate directory tree.