Thread: Sim Genealogy
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Hokieman
Solar Max

Thanks guys!

Ok, with two exceptions, the parents came from CAS or came pre installed with base game or university. I am running custom default skins for S1 - S5 and the vampire skin. Also has it happen again with a Rengal mother, a Rio father and the 3 kids came out as an FM girl, a Rengal girl and a Rengal boy. In one case the parents were Priya Ramaswami and Ty Bubbler - 1st kid was a Rengal girl, next two were FM girls.

I've got everything installed except Apartment Life. And nope, I don't use any randomizer hacks. I was wondering if somehow Freetime introduced a new "hidden feature".

I didn't know about geneticized skins. Previously, I could count on a child coming with one or the other parents skin and associated body shape. The kid ALWAYS got one of it's parents skintone (and bodyshape). I could count on it. Now, I think I might just a look at that FM skintone in SimPE to see if it is geneticized since it's popped up four times now. I'm going to also check for a skin randomizer hack too.

Actually, I don't mind the randomness - that's the way life is, and the same size family is a bit boring but it is a change in how my game plays that I didn't expect. If it keeps up, I'm a little concerned that I'll get overrun with FMs after a few generations.
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote