View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #241
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I have just asked over at Simlogical about the possibility/existence of a mod that would nuke the whole relationship score garbage you currently need to be able to adopt a stray pet. I have never needed a prior relationship with an abandoned cat or dog in order for it to find it's way to my front porch & into my household, so why should the stray's in the Sims be so picky?

Miros: The thing I like about the Pet Modification one (which, if I were a betting woman, most likely gave you the same "what the @#$!" reaction it gave me in regards to the idea of increasing the number of strays & allowing owned pets to wander the hood without their owners) is that it not only contains all the codes I need to alter the number of default strays allowed (like, say to...gee...I dunno...maybe ZERO! ) as well as the codes to control who all gets to show up on the various lots in the game, but it also comes with a very detailed Read Me file that tells me exactly how/what setting to change!

So I can make my own version of a no-stray-respawner/Visitor Controller that fits my needs, rather than needing to rely on several other mods by several other people.

Woohoo!

(Liked the advise you got about creating your own "default" collection of pets & how to add them to every hood! This is very exciting! I am already planning them now...)