View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #255
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

UPDATE ABOUT SOCIAL GROUP TOWNIES:

Well, it's not good news.

Turns out that Social Group Townies are in a different family (actually, five different families) than regular Townies. Also, as they are the only Sims that can serve as neighbors on Apartment Lots (normal Townies/Downtownies were not "upgraded", like they have been in previous EPs) the game will auto generate them whenever you play an Apartment that has any empty units even if you annihilated the entire AL related folder!

So, the only way to have a completely "Social Group Free" hood is to nuke the AL folder & never play a "real" Apartment Lot. (Apparently Inge Jones at Simlogical has some nice "non-apartment apartment" mods.)

On the "plus" side, I did happen upon a list of all the different "Family Group IDs" for the different NPC type Sims, if anyone with SimPE is curious about them. (Attached to this post) I was wondering if if might be possible to batch-create some Townies & then use SimPE to make them Social Townies, thereby (maybe) slowing down the games "need" to keep auto generating them. (One tester created an Apartment with 51 units, one of which she moved a playable Sim into. Yes, 50 Social Townies were generated to fill up the vacant units!)

The sad thing is, it's not so much the idea of Social Groups that bugs me, it's the way I can't decide how many of them can populate my hoods.

Hmmmm....
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sims 2 Group ID Numbers.txt (643 Bytes, 4 views)