View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #11
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
<snip>My major problem in finding a job that I really wanted has been that I have lots of experience and skills in a very narrow field where these is exactly one customer in the whole world. Almost all of it would be transferrable to other industries but it's really difficult to convince people of that.
Yep, I worked with a guy who'd been working in satellite control software and wanted to relocate for romantic reasons. He could not convince people that his skills were transferrable! Funny thing is, less than a year at the large document scanner manufacturer, the satellite company called him back offering enough money to be worth moving back to Virginia, especially combined with the fiancee looking at a job in DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty943 View Post
That TV show, Jericho?
Nah, if you can see the mushroom cloud, place your feet well apart, bend over, and complete the maneuver. It's already gotcha.
I figured that was a visual shortcut -- they really couldn't have seen the cloud over Denver from Kansas, but it would have been too hard to explain how they knew Denver was gone without it. Not to mention, too much talking for good television.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote