View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #12
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

(Ok, apparently the pics are too big or something, so I get ugly links instead of integrated pictures. Blah.)

So here's a few pics I took. I took the new maxis-made family, moved them into Veronaville, and sent them to Japan! I just got in the mood to play another game so I didn't do much, but here's what I got:

The Travelers leaving their house for the village. I love the vacation booking. You book a flight, and you can leave either immediately or book it for up to a week in advance (flights are cheaper that way). You book it like you do in the real world, starting at a 3 day/2 night trip and going up to I think 6 day/5 night.

They chose the four-star resort to stay in. They got a suite with a double bed and a single. You click on the door of the suite(s) you want to book them, then you click on the desk clerk to confirm. Dad and daughter hang out and watch TV while Mom takes a quick bath.

They decide to get out of their room for a while and head out to the hot springs, where they relax in one of the warm pools.

Then they head inside for a bite to eat, enjoying a classic sushi dish.

That's all I did for now, just playing around with it. There's an option in your memories panel now that lets you collect vacation memories. I'm assuming once you complete all the objectives (over 40!) you get something super special.

It definitely looks interesting. At first I wasn't sure because I never liked Vacation that much in the original game, but it seems really well-done here, like a whole new scenario akin to the University scenario. It encourages you to try everything in order to fill in all your vacation memories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snapshot_d3eda7e7_d3edb47e.jpg (78.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg snapshot_d3eda7e7_b3edb79b.jpg (59.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg snapshot_d3eda7e7_73edb9dd.jpg (56.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg snapshot_d3eda7e7_b3edb944.jpg (57.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Kaylyn : 09-08-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote