View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Ok, an update. He's out of the hospital and recuperating at home. They made 5 incisions and put in some drains (6 I think) and took them out a couple of days later. They left the incisions open, so now he has the joy of getting them repacked every night at home. Thank God his mom went to nursing school and is not squeamish about it...I couldn't do it if it was up to me. I only dared to sneak a peek just last night and had to distract myself so I wouldn't look any more. I can handle gorey stuff on TV and in pictures, but when it's on someone I love I get ill, like I can feel it with them.

He is supposed to see the doctor Wednesday and get word on how well he's healing, and hopefully he can figure out when he's going to be able to go back to work. I'm thinking he might need physical therapy because his entire left arm is bandaged from wrist to shoulder and he can't move it because the largest incision is across the elbow (I'm picturing a mouth opening and closing if he bends his arm). I think the surgeon cut through a nerve because he says he has no feeling in the elbow, which is actually kind of a good thing because it doesn't bother him to get it packed.

Well, at least he made it home in time for Christmas...now I have to wrap his present before he wakes up for more antibiotics. I'll get back to story-writing soon enough, I'm trying to get us moved into a larger room in the house, but there's a lot of junk in there that needs to be cleaned out first. So be patient...the next chapter will introduce the Crumplebottoms of Pleasantview.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote