View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #44
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Well, actually my sister's experience was hardly "anecdotal"! I was there & saw the whole thing!

She was upstairs, came running downstairs in a fit because she was trying to burn off some of her digital photos (of her cats BTW, not copyrighted stuff) & her burner drive was gone; as in it was nowhere to be found under her computer settings!

Having traced the problem to SecuROM (& a new game she just installed a week prior) she wanted to know what the hell to do, so I sent to the programs I knew about. Bingo bango, her drive "reappeared" & she is now a believer in no CD patches!

So, I guess that people who don't have a CD burner/reader+writer drive & the related software will be fine with SecuROM on their computers. Those of us who do have such drives & software (which we have 101 different legal reasons for using) are screwed however.

Not cool.

So, for me the facts are in on the current SecuROM, at least as far as what I know it would love to do to my PC.

-ZW

Hommerete, thanks for the link! If the new SecuROM really IS what it is described as then holy @#$%!!!!!