View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #9
Miros1
Goddess for Life

The reason we found the problem with premade houses was because Odessa was tidily filing the objects that came with the houses under "Downloads/Lots/NameOfLot," which was enough levels down for BV or FT to miss it. It might be just build mode objects (we're still fiddling), but it definately affects windows and trees. no, we don't know which one caused the problem; Odessa is too frustrated to uninstall and I'm not about to install UnSecuROM. UncleSparky claims TigressKitten had/has the same problem with just BV.

Basically, if some objects seem to be missing (either from existing houses or downloaded lots or you remember having downloads that don't show up in the catalog), try moving the affected files "up" in your folder hierarchy. You can even try this with the game running -- if the game is reading them, you'll get an error about files in use. If the game is not reading them, they'll just hop to their new position without complaint. Yes, that was part of the testing process -- Odessa dragged a folder and said "oh no the game is running," immediately followed by "it moved, the damn game never read them!"

Hokieman, Seasons did badly break existing custom trees. Suddenly, all these trees needed to shed their leaves with no mesh or texture to do so.... Don't remember them blinking blue tho!

Greg, your blinking earrings are some weird combination of graphic card, driver, and Dr. Pixel's very popular Alpha Earring mesh (and a few other accessory meshes). That form of blue blinking started with NL, I think, and even affects the Maxis vampire teeth from time to time! I send Daisy Green-whatever to the mirror to take off her blinking sunglasses, and they promptly stop blinking and are so darn cute I let her keep them every time.

You don't want BV. You want Seasons and Pets, so the toddlers can eat snow and maul, err, cuddle their dogs. After all the toddlers have eaten snow during a freak snowstorm in Texas, you can reset the hood to perpetual summer if you like.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote