Thread: Grilled Cheese
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Grilled Cheese Grilled Cheese

I just love grilled cheese sandwiches! I had a really great one tonight. I started with two pieces of day-old white bread and buttered all four sides, with real butter, being really careful to spread the butter perfectly thin and all the way to the edges of the bread! Then I put one slice of American cheese on one piece of bread and piled shredded cheddar on the other.

My frying pan was already hot, with the range set at medium heat. It only took a minute to get the cheese melted and the bread grilled to a beautiful shade of golden brown. I had a fresh pot of real freshly ground Kona coffee ready, so then I settled down to enjoy my grilled cheese sandwich and my Kona coffee.

Oh, it was wonderful! The creamy cheese contrasts so nicely with the toasty, crunchy texture of the bread, redolent with the aroma of the butter. The cheddar added just the right woodsy, nutty character to the flavor and leaves a slightly salty taste that lingers on your palate even after the grilled cheese is sadly gone, leaving a memory of the rapture of it all.

Now, who else has some great grilled cheese experiences to share? I want to hear about it!
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote