View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Right! That's a good one!

For several years now, I've been meaning to write some code that will check for dead links. I still haven't done that so I probably never will. It wouldn't discover links that have been taken over by cybersquatters anyhow, darn it.

If I can ever get the new system going where everyone can submit change requests, then I can rely on everyone who uses the system to report dead links.

I've been puzzling over the voting system, too. The way it is, it's too easily abused. Mike Smith (the fellow who created the Ultimate Sims List) said that he tried a rating system, but people abused that, too. That might change if ratings and voting are linked to your user ID, though. At least it would make it easier to identify which user ID's are involved, though it wouldn't prevent people from creating multiple ID's.

Yeah, a site-of-the-month feature would be really neat. It would have to be set set up so that a site can't win twice; or maybe more often than once year. Otherwise we'd just end up seeing TSR and MTS2 duking it out every month.

We need some way to identify the gems--those sites that don't have lots of stuff, but what they do in their specialty is really, really special. I'm thinking of sites like the late, great Artistic Habitats. Grandma only focused on only a few themes, but everything she did was a total jaw-dropper.

Categories: I totally agree. I'd like to be able to query the list to answer lots of "Where Can I Find?" kinds of questions. Adding fan ratings would be really neat if we can attenuate mischief and mayhem. Then you'd know not only who has Victorian furnishings, but also what other fans think of them.