View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #31
shorty943
Banned

She's wild and woolly on the south east coast. Gippsland region, east of Melbourne revised news. Google Earth, Lakes Entrance, Victoria, Australia. I think might show some thing, if some have it working, Mine don't seem to update very quickly.

Biggest deluge in almost 100 years happened in 2 days, 4 major river systems expected to peak 8 metre's above mean, major regional towns evacuated.
And this, after almost 8 years of drought. One major river weir wall, flood flow is 35 Gigalitres/day. Open all the flood gates, and start to wonder where we are going to put the extra 104 Gig of rain in 2 days. Let's see, 139, call it 140 X1,000,000 divide by(4.5 litre's/Imp Gal). Where the hell are we going to put close to 30 million gallons of water?
Just as well they are only little baby rivers, not the might Murray. We don't expect anything, until the snow melts, around November.
It's going to be a high river this year I think.

East coast, mid coast New South Wales, Newcastle north of Sydney. The storms 3 weeks ago, put a 40,000 ton bulk coal carrier, up onto the town beach.
She's still there.
So far 3 big Ocean Going salvage tugs have only broken their tow cables trying to pull "Pasha Bulker" back out off the beach.

But, nothing exiting ever seems to happen here, in the middle bit of the country.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote