Thread: hi
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

I think that's an excellent idea. It's pretty much essential to the feature where webmasters would "own" the entries for their sites in the Ultimate Sims List. See here for a topic about that specific feature.

The Ultimate Sims List does have its own search feature. You can choose what text to search for and what fields to search, including key words. It does this by reading the front page of your site to see what it finds in your meta tags. (So do all the big search engines.) I know that page can be improved so I'm eager to hear suggestions for new features. There's a section of the Sun Sims forums for recommending Ultimate Sims List features.

See this Ultimate Sims List page for how to do meta tags on your site. It has a form where you can fill in the data for your site and have it generate the meta tags for you.
This was another brainchild of Mike Smith, the original creator of the Ultimate Sims List.

FOOTNOTE
And wouldn't ya know it? As soon as tried to test The List's ability to query meta tags on remote sites, I discovered a bug that was preventing the Ultimate Sims List from getting key words!

I know how to fix that bug and started a new topic for bug reports about that specific bug in case anyone else runs into that one.

This bug must have come up when I moved from a dedicated web server to a shared server. I understand why the shared server is set up the way it is; enabling remote file access can create a horrible mess if you do it wrong.