View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
My teens woohoo just fine with just ACR -- I really don't want to have to deal with teen pregnancy.
Yeah, that's why I love Ancient Castaway's mod; it gave me what I wanted (Young Adult families) without worrying about knocked-up teens. I was always wary of ACR as I thought it would be a disaster with InTeen...but now that InTeen is out of the picture, I'm thinking about giving ACR a try...as soon as I am certain I can still control which Sims are "committed" & which Sims are "loose".

Greg:

The InTeen Residential Graduates file just prevents the game from automatically kicking graduated Young Adults out of the College Hood after 48 hours, like they are in an un-modded game. Graduated YA's age to Adult & simply stay on campus...as long as they are in a Residential lot. You can use it with or without Ancient Highway's mod. These Adults can get jobs just like in a non-campus Hood. (InTeen is not needed for this "flavor pack" to work. It's a stand alone thing.)

The AH_UniFamilies mod allows for YA's to get pregnant & give birth on campus. Also allows babies, toddlers & even teens to grow up on campus lots...though there is a little quirk with teens being forced to YA if you leave the lot (fixable via Sim Modder or InSim) but I never leave families on campus that long, so it's a non issue for me.

So, in short: use UniFamilies to allow for births & such, and use the Residential Graduates if you want complete control over when a graduated Sim moves back home. Or use just one...they are independent or each other.

The whole "University" thing is, IMHO completely unplayable without these two mods. From what I am reading of other post on Simbology, I am not alone in that opinion!