View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Default McCain Palin Yard Sign

McCain - Palin Yard Sign

Please note: This is an item that little electronic people in the computer game, The Sims 2, can put in their front yards. If you are looking for things that can be displayed by real people, please go to the John McCain site and follow the link to "Store."

By special request

McCain - Palin Yard Sign
Again: This is an object for the computer game, The Sims 2. If you want the real thing, go to the campaign web site.

Here's another item for fans of mavericks, moms, and moose hunters! (And especially for Crystal!)

Razamataz made the mesh and I pilfered the graphics from the campaign web site. (It's the same image I used for the McCain-Palin Shirts & Hats.)

September 13, 2008: If you downloaded this before, get it again. This version should be recolorable.

September 14, 2008: Recolors!

Now for some more fun. Here are four variations on a theme. These are all recolors; you must have the base McCain Palin sign installed for the recolors to work.

You must have the mccain_palin_base object for the recolors to work.
If you downloaded it before September 13, 2008, get the updated version.

If you haven't been following any of my stories, you might want to know that basic philosophy of the Rising Tide Party is to take care of problems privately so that no government entity gets a chance to levy taxes to do things. Their motto is, "A rising tide raises all ships."

The Morport Party is the antithesis of the Tide. They believe that the government is better able to make decisions about people's lives than individuals and that raising taxes is a virtue. Their motto is, "You get more in YOUR pot with the Morports!"

Now, in Happy Valley where there are no taxes at all, they have to draw straws or draft somebody to run on the Morpot ticket since there's just no chance a Morport will get elected. They don't like the idea of having any candidate run unopposed, though, because that would spoil all the fun of having political rallies and barbecues. As a consequence, they are always seeking creative new ways to get someone to take a turn on the Morpot ticket. Often as not, someone ends up on the ticket because of a foolish bet.

With that situation, it's not surprising that their idea of a political party is a big barbecue at the park!

Fine print:This is not a political site. Normally I don't allow politics on my Sims sites and ask people not to even mention any politicians that haven't been dead for at least 100 years, but obviously I made an exception in this case. Nevertheless, this is neither license nor invitation for anyone to attempt political hate-mongering on my sites. As always, any posts or other behavior that are not in concert with our site's policies will be deleted without comment, explanation, or remorse.

Copyright ©2008 by Sun Sims, for the contributors. There are lots of neat things you can do with this sign so unless you are distributing hate material, you are welcome to make recolors if you link back to this topic for the base object.

Last edited by Greg : 10-04-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Replacing with recolorable, lower polygon count version.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote