Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 15: Barry

SATURDAYGD 71LATE EDITION

IT'S A BOY!
Happy Valley's Second Wealthiest Family Creates Another Eligible Bachelor
Amarilla Allspin, Reporter for the Society Pages

Barry Bennett, born 7:00 PM on Saturday, GD 71 Tribune photo.

We are pleased to announce the birth of Master Barry Bennett, son of Gregsim and Sheba Bennett, born on Saturday, GD 71, at 7:00 PM at the family home, "Manse Orleans." After a very difficult pregnancy, mother and baby are doing fine. Dad is in intensive care but his doctors anticipate a full recovery. Barry is her third child after Alexander and Amanda, and his tenth (that he knows of).

The birth was attended by Miss Frieda Baybrace, Barry's sister Amanda, and the father, with brother Alexander providing musical accompaniment.

"I was beginning to wonder if this one would ever get here," Mrs. Bennett said. "I had to carry him for eight straight days! Doctor Tolad attempted to speed up things, but that didn't work. Thankfully Doctor Simpy was finally able to induce labor. It was a very rough pregnancy, but he's worth it!"

"B'b'b'baby!" was the only quote we could get from the proud papa. It wasn't clear whether he was referring to his new son or simply muttering the lyrics to the Bachman Turner Overdrive song that his eldest son was playing on the piano.

Miss Amanda was ecstatic. "I have a baby brother!" she exclaimed. "Can I hold him, mom? Can he play kicky bag yet? Maybe he'd like to come to my tea party!"

Mother and Baby Are Doing Well

"Hot dawg," Alexander said. "This means I won't be the only one who gets stuck mowing the lawn!"

"Rich guys make me sooo hot!" said Miss Baybrace. [STRIKE THIS BEFORE TYPESETTING --Ed.]

[INSERT THIS INSTEAD --Ed.] The family friend and surrogate midwife, Miss Baybrace, was busily tidying up the house after the birth and was unavailable for comment.