View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:38 AM   #58
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Kimmy, I'm stumped about that PM. There are no tools in vBulletin that let even an admin read private messages so I had to get creative. I tried querying the database directly for PM's addressed to you and that came up blank. I tried it again with PM's addressed to me and got a stack of them, so I'm pretty sure I did the query correctly.

I'm guessing that there's a glitch in the counter that's showing that you have a message that's not there. I think there's a gizmo in vBulletin to fix the integrity of the database so I'll run that if I can find it. Maybe that will fix it.

Meanwhile back at the aftermath of the hurricane: My employer is telling us that the office won't officially be open until Monday; and to stay the heck away until our local community tells us it's safe to return. El Lago is saying the same thing: If you evacuated, stay there. On the other hand, but my employer and my city are asking those who are still in town to volunteer to help clean up the mess if they can.

They have a couple of office buildings with power but they said it's likely to be erratic; and neither of them is the place I work. So even I were in town, there's nothing I could do. I couldn't even get to my office.

JSC is closed.