View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #25
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

(Again, it's a new post, but it's got pics so...)

Well I'm still not 100% sure what all went wrong, but I have re-installed CL's Custom Skintone Selectors (all of 'em) & for whatever reason, things seem to have cleared up.

I'm guessing it's a case of a corrupted Selector file, so I'm going to remember to keep them write protected, unless I'm updating the CL tool.

So anyway, what I attempting to do was see if I could customize an infant hair file color. (I wanted to know if I was limited to Black, Blonde, Brown & Red or not.)

Since the Dark S4 skin had worked so slick with the modified Alien one, I somehow got it in my head that I could do a complete color fill & be okay.

You know were this is going, right?

So anyway it was back to the Tester clan. Interestingly enough, only Surprise & Unexpected- the first two babies- show up with Guy, Gal, Doggie 1 & Doggie 2 in the family lot picture. Wonder was alive & well (if laying on the cold kitchen floor can be considered "well") so I'm not sure whats up there. I've had more than two infants on a lot before & they have always showed up fine in the family picture...but that's a problem for another day!

After changing Guy & Gal to my test skin (this time a white-haired Mannequin style) with the Skintone Selector & setting their genetics via SimPE, it was back to the delivery room for Gal. (It took a bit, as first she & Guy had to feed the three kids they already have & put them into newly purchased cribs.)

After a bit of baby care, Gal went into labor. (Guy wasn't nearly as freaked this time, which I thought was funny.) After a few moments Gal gave birth to...

...baby number 4, a little boy I called Helmet, for obvious reasons.

So much for my flood-fill therory!

After a brief moment of panic (I was afraid I would have to extract/tweak the whole freaking skin again) I replaced the flood-fill file with a more "hair white only" file.

The result was this:

Okay, it's far from perfect (this is why I don't design my own hair folks!) but at least I'm on the right track.

So it's back to PaintShop Pro for a bit. (The Tester's need a rest for now!)

-ZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1
BTW, it's usually faster to remake your changes on a fresh copy instead of trying to fix things.
Gonna have to remember that...

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-28-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote