View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #34
Hokieman
Solar Max

Greg, yes and no. Most of the townies are just like any other townie. All of them seem to be the same as those in the base hood except they generally have higher skill levels per the game brochure/manual that comes in the box. But there are special characters in Downtown that do not show up anywhere else. Mrs. Crumplebottom and the Vampires. According to everything I've read here and other boards, if you really want to mess up a game, messing with any of them, I beleive it is 5 (Mrs. C, 4 Vamps), special characters is a sure way to do it. The Vamps can be called and will come to a non-downtown lot though.

Uni is similar but other than the young adults, there aren't any special characters. YAs rarely do walk bys in the base or other subhoods. It seems to be related to whether you have a college grad on the lot (now an adult).

BV may be the same way. Ordinary townies can show up in any hood, but the special characters don't, although the Charleton seems to show up on any commercial lot. Sasquatch doesn't for sure. I'm not as sure on that EP as I really haven't played the vacation lots much.
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote