View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
arenotelicom
Rising Sun

Question Different physical attributes for every skin?

Hello all. I've recently downloaded a celebrity skin for my The Sims Deluxe game. He comes with the default Maxis white skin and fit body type. I have tried to add a little chest hair myself and it seemed to work great. But then when another one of my characters undressed to shower, I realized that he had the same customized feature. Is there any way for me to make it so that each character has their own features? I got quite a laugh at watching him bathe with his chest hair and then swim with a perfectly shaven body. The only characters who weren't affected by this modification are the ones with different body types and/or skin colors. I would need detailed instructions on how to attribute certain features to certain characters but not all. I realize it is all a question of file names and such but I am not very familiar with that. Must all sims with certain body types look the same?

I think the problem is that by altering "his" default nude skin, I've also altered all nude skins for light male skins. The skin uses the default light fit skin. I added the chest hair, saved the file and now every male who is fit and white has chest hair when undressed. The swimsuit skin is an entirely different skin, it seems. I've made modifications to that one as well in Paint so that it has chest hair too but somehow that didn't work and I think I'd have the same problem if it did. I've kept the originals for both. (Yay backup) I have downloaded the celebrity skin, there was no picture of a body, just the head, probably because it uses the default light male skin, which I have altered by copying/pasting the default fit white skin from the Maxis skins folder to my desktop and poking it with Paint. Then I added the result to his .zip file and extracted everything to the Maxis skins folder. I assume this replaced the default skin, (I have not renamed it) causing all males with the same skin color and body type to look like this. But that is a feature that I only want for this character in particular, as most of my other sims are rather androgynous and I like it that way. I'm not sure how to do that. Any help in this regard would be much, much appreciated.
arenotelicom is offline   Reply With Quote