View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Default The SimCity Saga

When SimCity was first incorporated, the government was desperate to populate the area. They decided that the best way to entice people to move to the area was to offer $20,000 grants and guaranteed home loans to prospective new citizens. The city, though bare, was divided into several wards, or neighborhoods. Though the takers were few at first, word spread like wildfire once the first families were established and, over time, grew to become the SimCity you know and love (or hate) today.

This is the saga of SimCity, and of the neighborhoods that comprise it: Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, Riverblossom Hills, and Bluewater Village. This is the story of families such as the Goths, the Grants, the Capps, the O'Mackeys, and of course the Landgraabs, told from their first beginnings in SimCity. It was a long journey from their roots to their present status, and it will be a long tale to tell. I hope you enjoy learning their history as it played out in my game.

The first family chose to settle in the Pleasantview ward and were eventually to become one of the more influential families of the city: the Goths. Victor Goth had a nice three-story house built and furnished. He did a little job-hunting as soon as they were settled in and decided his best option was to spend some time in the military.

He had raised his son Gunther to be a proper little boy. He didn't allow him to spend his leisure time with nonsense like television and video games. Luckily Gunther actually enjoyed things like reading and playing piano. But his teenage years were coming up fast, and there was no telling how content he would be to sit around quietly like a little gentleman.

Gretle loved nothing more than to spend time with her children. Her daughter Frida was still a toddler, but growing up fast. Her eyes just seemed to absorb everything around whenever she was awake. Gretle had high hopes of sending the children to college, and she could tell Frida would love school and learning.

She was right. When Frida was old enough to attend school for the first time, she bounded down the stairs and wolfed down her breakfast. "Careful, dear. Don't eat so fast or you'll choke. It won't make the school bus arrive any faster."

Gunther sniggered into his own Pop-tart. "I don't see why you're so excited. School sucks. You'll make lots of friends, though."

"I don't care! I wanna be smart and learn everything there is to know!"

Gretle smiled to herself and chewed a bite of breakfast thoughtfully as she absentmindedly stroked her stomach. She had just discovered she was expecting a third child. Her first two were so different, with Gunther preferring to play with his friends rather than do homework, when Frida always had her nose in a book and didn't pay much attention to anything else around her. She wondered if this third one would grow up to be like either of them, or more like Victor or her, or something totally unique to the family.

That same day Victor came home jobless. He just didn't have what it took to be a military man. He relayed the news to Gretle and grabbed the paper to look for a new position when Gretle broke her own news to him. He was a little taken aback because they had only planned on the two. He smiled reassuringly, yet he was far from being overjoyed.

"I know you're happy, and I'm sure I will be, too. I'll just feel better when I have a job again."

Things really weren't as tight as they could be. Their cat, Roux, was actually a professional exterminator and did quite well bringing in money herself. Victor scratched the cat on the head affectionately as he headed off to the hot shower to relax his troubles away.

When he got out of the shower he made a phone call to a number he found in the paper. His military skills would transfer well to law enforcement, and he felt he could handle it better.

Oddly enough, Frida liked to spend some time playing before sitting down with her homework after school. Gunther was the opposite; he preferred to get his homework out of the way first so that he had the rest of the evening free to do what he wanted.

Soon Gretle went into labor and delivered a baby girl, Helena Goth. Though she would have loved to have had a dozen children, she knew that was silly and that Victor would never agree to it, and so she agreed that three should be enough for them.

When Gunther entered high school, he joined the JROTC and found a part-time job through it. He also grew a silly mustache and started exhibiting some strange behavior in his spare time...he started talking to himself in the mirror. A lot. All mushy-like. Frida gagged every time she caught him at it. What was going on with Gunther?

Last edited by Kaylyn : 11-26-2007 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Going back to tried and true Photobucket for photo hosting...
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote