View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
shorty943
Banned

"It makes me wonder what's really going on in all those other agencies and companies and farms and towns and everything else that doesn't involve celebrity sexpots".

You mean there is more to life than what knickers some bimbo isn't wearing today?
Careful Greg, you might threaten Hollyweirds shaky ego.

Let's see now.
Hurricanes threaten the Carribean and Mexico and Texas coasts again this week.
The big fires in Greece are under control at last, but now, they have sudden flash flooding to contend with, due to the denuding of the hillsides by fire.
The Middle East still hates itself. Nothing new there.
The drought continues here in Australia. America is not faring too well in the weather stakes either.
Apparently the APEC conference in Sydney, is just such an inconvenience for Sydneysiders. What, with all this security for the biggest meeting of world leaders this country has ever hosted. The poor loves.
I wonder what my uncle and auntie think of it all. They live right in the heart of Sydney on King Street. Oh, pity them.

Back on track.

What do NASA do? Medical research, Engineering research, Biological research.
Play with the best Meccano set in the world.

NASA do interesting stuff. Hell, I'd be happy to sweep the floors, just to be able to legitimately wear that NASA badge.
Truth is, that's about all I'd be qualified for at NASA, but who cares, if you can work for them.

Mike is right about the media side though. You left out the other mob, the Packer's. Modern day journalism, seems to be bent towards the heart wrench and the emotive side of left of center. Very "Sixty Minutes".
Mind you, if there is another spectacle for them to bleed for copy sales.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote