View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #29
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Yeah. What could be wrong with letting everybody make stuff for the game?
That's what I was thinking when I read all the posts by angry modders ranting about that feature, to the point that many of the more well known ones are claiming they will stop designing when Sims 3 hits the shelves.

Whatever.

Quote:
Now the challenge for fan artists will be tasteful interior decorating, selecting coordinated patterns, showing off your skill in subtle shading and textures, and (I hope) making the Maxis textures better!
Ironically, that's the excuse the angry modders are using as to why they're so mad; they are arguing that by letting "everyone" easily design stuff the Custom Content Community will be "flooded with inferior & poorly designed" items. Apparently, they haven't taken a close look at everything they & their "Master Modding" buddies have turned out already! Not all of it is shimmering gold, folks.

Quote:
I like the idea that we might be able to just upload a nice image and let people go wild with it! Why have to upload 20 megabytes of furniture when you can show a screen shot and a 100K texture?
That would be awesome! Plus, it eliminates the whole "incomplete set" thing which is STILL a problem, even with many of the "Master Modder" sets!

(I'll have to try you're video tip & see if it helps!)

-ZW