View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 2: The Bennett Family

If you drive all the way up Franks Ranch Road to its North end, you come to Manse Orleans, the home of Gregsim and his family.

The Bennett Family at Manse Orleans, as of March 28, 2005

Again, the Toddulaunga House is right next door at 223 N Franks Ranch Road.

Right next to the (i) in the Bennett Family window is the home of Gregsim's maternal grandparents, the Cramers at 201 N Happy Valley Road. It's as close as I can remember to my real-life grandparents' home in Martinsville, Indiana. I'm still working on the Cramer Machine Shop where my grandfather and Uncle Bill made bell housings for Allison aircraft engines during World War II. I'm still working on the machine shop in my game so Hirohito's evil hordes will just have to wait a while before our boys blow them out of the sky. (Time is a slippery concept in The Sims!)

From the Cramer House, walk two blocks down Hammond Steet and make a left turn, northbound on Cherry Street. The first lot is the home of my sister Joyce and her husband, Dr. Jay Van Cura. I haven't built their house yet; they just got married. In real life, they've been married a long time and live happily in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois.

Then continue north past the home of three of the Baybrace girls and you'll find a large brick house with lots of gables. That's Gregsim's original home at 213 N Cherry Street, still occupied by his parents and his paternal grandparents.

Gregsim's big brother, Ralph Jr, married a girl named Beryl Baybrace and built the house right across the street at 212 N Cherry Street. (Ralphie's real-life wife is named Sylvia and they live in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania; but sim Ralphie really, really wanted to marry the girl next door before I created a sim for Sylvia so I indulged his sim whim. Besides, I wanted to get him out of the house!) They don't have any kids yet but Beryl is knocked up.

Gregsims's younger sister Jana is engaged to Roger Stewart (the name of her real-life husband). I mentioned their house in the previous message about the Franks family. This whole adventure of preparing houses for download started when Liss wanted the Stewart House. With a little luck (and perhaps some tweaking of the game if I can figure out how), Jana and Roger will produce my nephews Jarrod and Jaden, but I still haven't played their wedding yet!

In real life, Roger is a deputy sherriff in Sangamon County, Illinois and Jana is an RN in the intensive care ward at the hospital there; but just next week Jana will be moving to San Antonio, Texas to take a nifty job there. Roger will be along as soon as he gets Jarrod out of school and closes up the house near Springfield, Illinois. Real-life Jaden is in the Air Force, serving his country "in the Middle East." Jarrod graduates this year and is already committed to going into the US Navy. If there is an uncle more proud of his nephews than I, I have yet to meet him.