View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 4: Be Fruitful and Multiply

Now, with a family tree at hand, this family portrait might make a little more sense.

The Bennett Family at Manse Orleans, Again

While She (blue dress) was still a child, Gregsim had a thing with Her Aunt Winona (brown dress). He was practically living at their house. I wanted to see how long I could keep him visiting there without ever going home. His stay was up to seven straight days when She grew up to be a teenager and exercised Her territorial rights.

One night while he was staying with her, Winona wanted to fool around. I blundered when clicking on the Woohoo link and sure enough, along came the twins, Sandra and Wanda! Sandra is holding baby Alexander and Winona is holding Amanda.

Brenda (red shirt and shorts) made her first appearance in this message in the thread about My Favorite House, where you can download Manse Orleans. She is the daughter of Narcissa Sapphos, who had no interest at all in raising her. As they say, Click in haste; repent in leisure. You can learn more about her mother in the topic just about Narcissa.

Gregsim's fourth woods colt, Constance Willows, was actually intentional. Her mother, Cordelia Willows had some strange aspirations. She wanted to woohoo with Gregsim and wanted to have a baby, but feared getting engaged or married. So of course the fool obliged her.

When Cordelia got knocked up I thought it best to change her aspiration to Family. Sure enough, then she wanted to get married, but the target of her matrimonial desires was not Gregsim but rather the elderly (and very wealthy) Samuel Willows, proprietor of the Willows Morningside Cemetery in Happy Valley.

Baby Constance makes a cameo appearance inside a very pregnant Cordelia in this image...

The Willows Family

... in the Ghost Stories topic.

These peculiar events might have happened because of the way I created Cordelia. Originally she was an elder, married to Samuel and the mother of Brian Willows. While playing around with the Tombstone of Life and Death at the cemetery, I changed her to a teenager and she became unwired from her marriage to Samuel. I think she started sim life with the Fortune aspiration but I might have blundered and made her a Romance sim.

I used the TOLAD to force her to grow up to adulthood, whereupon she became obsessed with Gregsim. Her relationship with him was actually much higher than her relationship with Samuel. However, when I changed her to a Family sim she remembered something about her former marriage to Samuel and their son Brian, and sent Gregsim packing.

Or maybe it was all due to living in a cemetery and getting spooked every night.

Anyhow, Cordelia's desires were just as well because all this happened just about the time She decided to put a padlock on Gregsim's zipper and keep the key for Herself!