View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:54 AM   #9
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 8: How to Win Friends and Influence Cows

Group Research at the Dorm, with Cow

Tired of bothersome bovine boisterousness interrupting your serious sims studies? Weary of competing college cutups setting off your sprinklers? We have a solution!

Get the cow to join your group research!

I sent Gregsim's teenagers off to college, and as soon as they landed at Happy Valley University they were hoping against hope that some of their friends would come to college, too. Several of those friends were NPC's so I bundled up the ubiquitous Tosha Go (distinguished by her signature handlebars), Ricky Cormier, and Alvin Futa and planted them in a dorm. Here you see them as young adults.

Alvin and Tosha both had a session with the buyable Plastic Surgery from The Sim Republic, but Ricky is however Ricky turned out.

Veteran University players might be wondering what the heck happened to Prof. Mehrissa and Prof. Simjin, whom you will meet as elders in your game. (So far, they've been the first teachers all of my college kids have met. They must teach the Freshman Studies class.) With a little help from Merola's Magic Mirror, the Testing Cheats, and the Plastic Surgery, I gave them a new lease on life.

They are still full college professors (and hence, good people to know!) but I converted them to young adults and made 'em purdy. Fueled by their newfound passions of regained youth, these erstwhile elders leaped into a torrid affair with each other. In fact, they shamelessly consummated their relationship in a bed on the room of the dorm!

Yes, Prof. Mehrissa is topless. That's the way she wanted to dress when she became young again, and who am I to argue with a college professor? Perhaps this is her way of keeping the guys awake in class, albeit perhaps not focused on the academic subject matter.

(Does anything normal ever happen in Happy Valley?)

The naked gal coming up the stairs is Miss Jane Royce, the NPC streaker. She came streaking through, bothering my college students. I decided I'd have none of that nonsense at HVU, so I slowed her down, befriended her to everybody, and even had her make herself useful by hiring a maid while the kids were at their first class. Now she's having a love affair with the cook.

Finally that brings to Miss Melanie Kody, the cow. When she arrived, Melanie kept trying to sneak off and set off the sprinkler system. I suppose I could have just fed her to the Cow Plant (a fitting end, that would surely be) but the game would just generate another one. There are already at least two cow cheerleaders working HVU; the other is a guy named Cody.

Once again, Merola's Magic Mirror and the Testing Cheats to the rescue! Melanie is now best friends with most of the students in the dorm and has a sane personality. I caught her tip-toeing toward the sprinkler again, and decided on the Final Solution: Get her to join the ongoing group research!

I'ver learned with her cow cohort, Cody, that you can keep the cow busily studying 24/7 if you use a refresher cheat. No deadly sprinklers or harrassed students at Happy Valley University!

See below to find out what Melanie looks like under her silly cow costume.