Thread: Any good news?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 02:31 AM   #51
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Oh, in Pennsylvania, be prepared for a giant pothole when you pull off the Turnpike. You'll see this sign: Turnpike Maintenance Ends. Then your front wheels vanish from all human knowledge...
That's it. That's the same repair technique they use here. We can loose a whole Mack truck for over a week. Well sort off. We also have a massive network of dirt country roads, raised railway embankments, and some of the worlds highest unlevel crossings. There is one, only a mile from me. I drive an old model Land Rover, and the rail embankment and crossing are over the Landy's roof height. At night it is fun.

You approach, your lights point at the moon, then you just drop over the other side, into pitch black, like some crazy roller coaster ride.
Mind you, that is at our open road speed limit of 70 MPH.
Crazy roller coaster ride. "do it again, do it again", is the cry from the kids in the back.

Greg.
Hoover, was the man responsible for the massive efficiency of the Aussie mines.
Strange, for a company man, he is very well remembered here.

Note. President Hoovers, fancy ceremonial Presidential Wreath, is the only one ever to have left the USA, it has pride of place in the West Australian Parliamentary Musseum, he allowed the Australian flag to fly below the US flag at his inauguration ceremony, I think that is the only time any other nations flag has ever had that honour.

The Chaffey brothers? Damn your good. Quakers they were indeed my friend.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote