Thread: Pets Codes!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 AM   #16
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Whoops! Sorry! (I forget that not everyone as all EP's installed like me... )

The "kissingpoints" package is- for whatever reason- the actuall Maxis name of the package file in controll of the various unlockable content in Pets. Why they decided on "kissingpoints" is beyond me...but I'm just a game player, not a programer!

As for the "who's my daddy" thing, that's not an actuall package file name or anything but just me using some lame attempt at a slang term for the whatchamacallit that controlls the bit of data responsible for "telling" a given baby/puppy/kitten what ID number it's biological father is. While this thingy works just swell for any pregnacies created in game, it's seriously borked in two cases, both of which involve pre-made families with expecting mommies in the Sim Bin.

The 1st case of "borkness" was with Sarah & Danny Crittur, two dogs who come with Pets. Sarah comes "in the family way" so to speak, & the father ID was (originally) messed up. This was all fixed with the last Pets patch though.

Borked problem #2 is with the Ottomas family that you get with Seasons. Again, it's another case of a "pre-made pregnacy" glitch but as I said this is easily fixed with InSim/InTeen (or whathaveyou) by just ending & re-starting Samantha's pregnancy. Don't listen to all the over hyped crap about this on other boards! This "problem" is ridiculously easy to deal with & totally not worth the countless freaked-out "warning" posts I waded through. I followed the instuctions I found (in the 1 sane, overlooked post in the whole thread) & have been quite enjoying the Ottomas clan...though I did accidently make them even harder to play by getting over zealous with my re-impregnation efforts...but I'm saving that little story for my impending web-site!

-ZW

(LOVE your ideas about improving the game file thing! )

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 05-04-2007 at 04:23 AM. Reason: forgot PS
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote