View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Miros1
Goddess for Life

First things first... remove the file you created (drag to desktop or another safe place) and make sure your game works normally. I hope you haven't corrupted the Maxis files badly enough to require a reinstall! (Don't reinstall before asking us again; we might be able to avoid that reinstall.)

Now, how to do it right...

1) Run BodyShop, not SimPE.
2) Click "Create Parts," then "Start New Project," then "Genetics," then "Skintone" (looks like a hand).
3) Scroll to the end and click the Maxis light skin.
4) Click "Export" (looks like a folder with an arrow to the right).
5) Give the project a meaningful name and click the checkmark.
6) In Windows Explorer, navigate to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects. Open the folder for your new project.
7) Drag in your files with bodyhair from the Desktop.
8) Back to BodyShop. Click the refresh button (looks like a circular arrow), then check the adult male version (it's hard to see chest hair with the underwear on, but that's Maxis for you).
9) Once you're sure it looks like you want it to, type a meaningful tooltip. Since it's for a celebrity Sim, you might want to use the celebrity's name. I have to stress this... use a good tool tip!
10) Click "Import" (looks like a folder with an arrow to the left).

Your new skintone is now in the SavedSims folder. Leave it there or drag to Downloads.

Now for the nasty question: Is your Sim a Sims2Pack file or a package file? Is he a complete Sim on a lot, or did you pick him from the SimBin (in CAS, the icon that looks like 6 Sims)?
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote