View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #23
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

The Caesar family moved into a small house near the Capps. Calpurnia, her husband Julius, and their son Octavius all shared a passion for sports.

Calpurnia had other passions as well, such as robotics.

Oh, and just about any other man or woman that passed by the house.

There was definitely a reason she preferred to keep house rather than work outside the home. She completely supported Julius’s career. The longer hours, the better. Not that she didn’t love him, not at all…it was just that she enjoyed variety, and she knew he wouldn’t understand. She had a gift for wrapping everybody around her little finger, regardless of sexual preference or marital status.

Julius had been an architect in the town they lived in before moving to Veronaville. Unfortunately there were no positions available in the field right away, so he accepted an offer to help with the re-election campaign of the mayor of SimCity. It paid well, and he got to rub elbows with some of the more influential members of the new society, including Victor Goth, who was already the wealthiest man in the city thanks to some clever day-trading in the stock market. Victor wasn't necessarily all that impressed with Julius, however. Shortly after the successful campaign, Julius did manage to find a job in construction, which was much more to his liking and would hopefully open the door to his preferred career option in this city.

Julius was blissfully ignorant of Calpurnia's extramarital activities. He knew she hadn’t been as pure as the driven snow before they were married, but he assumed she had settled down once they had exchanged vows.

Octavius may have had a mean look about him, but he was actually rather sensitive and childlike, still playing with toys when he was alone in his room. This most likely stemmed from the fact that his father expected a great deal out of him and wanted, like most fathers, for his son to be exactly like him. While it was true he had his eye on success and prosperity like his dad, it wasn’t all he was about, either.

Calpurnia was one of those nosy neighbors, always peeking out the window to see what was going on outside her home. She made it a point to greet everyone that walked by the house. They often wound up inside the house chatting and watching television, and usually progressed to much full-body contact and experimentation on the sofa, or in the bedroom upstairs if Julius was away at work.

Calpurnia did not discriminate against anyone. She even tried her moves on Prudence Crumplebottom, who blushed a little and said, “No thank you. I’m happy with my husband, and even if I weren’t, I‘m not into women.”

“You mean, you’ve never even thought about what it would be like?”

Prudence just rolled her eyes, but laughed. The woman was nothing if not determined, and she liked that in her friends.

Julius and Calpurnia decided to enroll Octavius in SimCity Prep, where he met Scribonia Capp. They hit it off instantly, and he was delighted when he realized she only lived down the street. It took him a couple of weeks to work up the courage to officially ask her out, and she said yes, to his delight. They became a couple soon afterwards, and were very rarely seen apart.

As they were nearing the end of their school year, with college looming ahead, Octavius and Scribonia began to discuss how serious they wanted to get. They had made plans to attend the same college, and they now discussed the real possibility of marriage in the future.

“I mean, there’s no telling what will happen in college, but I really think this could be it. I love you,” said Octavius.

Scribonia smiled and silenced him with a kiss, which quickly developed into even more...
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote