View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 AM   #30
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Bassanio Monty yawned sleepily as he stumbled into the bathroom one morning, about a month after moving to Veronaville. It was a good thing he looked down before answering the call of nature. He gagged a little and grabbed the toilet brush and scrubbed it down a bit, finally flushing the mess down just as Portia walked in, wearing a robe and obviously ready for a shower.

"Oh, good, you got it. My fault, sorry," she said as she turned on the water and stepped into the shower. "I got my gown messed up and had to get it in the laundry first, then I was going to come clean it up."

Bassanio went about his business, and called over the shower, "Are you feeling okay, then?"

"Fine!" she said. "Don't worry...it's just morning sickness." She looked over her shoulder at her husband and grinned at his shocked expression.

"You're kidding...right?" When she shook her head, he just blinked at her. "Wow...I thought it just wasn't going to happen again! I figured Valentine was just destined to be an only child!" He flushed the toilet again and stuck his head in the shower to give his wife a lingering kiss. "Can't wait to tell him!" Portia flicked water at him playfully before he closed the shower door and left.

He found he couldn't stop smiling as he made his way through the house. He met his teenage son Valentine in the kitchen. "Your mother is pregnant. You're finally gonna have that little brother or sister you asked for when you were six."

Val clutched his chest melodramatically. "But you two are so old!"

"Apparently not old enough yet. Now we have to go out and buy baby stuff...just when we'd decided to move and leave all your old stuff behind."

The Monty family had decided to move from their old town because Val had gotten himself and several teachers into trouble due to inappropriate relationships. Though nothing serious had actually happened, his parents had just learned about the efforts to build a community in SimCity and had decided that it would be a good idea to start fresh. Still, by the time they actually made the move, Val was nearly 18 anyway.

He couldn't help that he was mature for his age. He preferred the company of older women, and older women seemed drawn to him.

In particular, Calpurnia Caesar took a liking to him. Of course, she wasn't picky...she took a liking to everyone. She was more than willing to show him the ways of the world, so to speak. She quickly learned that his parents greatly disapproved, so she'd sneak over whenever she could.

Portia soon gave birth to a baby girl, Maria Monty. She had been in the military before she got pregnant, and she took another job soon afterwards. With Bassanio working full-time, they entrusted Val with babysitting, at least until it was time for him to go off to college. Val didn't mind; it enabled him to spend the days home alone with a different woman each day.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote