View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #47
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Oh fiddle sticks! Just when I thought I was safe from Ugly Townies, it seems I am not safe from Ugly Downtownies, eh?

No I haven't tried doing anything to the "Downtown" Charcters folder yet, but the idea about replacing those files with others is interesting.

Just had a thought: is this only a problem with the Maxis-made Downtown hood?? My policy is that each Maxis default sub-hood gets "assigned" just once, and then it's strickly custom mades- albiet often populated with my wonderful set of extracted Maxis lots (thanks for the instructions Miros1! ) to save a bit of time.

For example, here is my 'hood layout: (Shopping, "Night Life" & College Town. )

Pleasantview = Bluewater Village > Downtown > Sim State University
Strangetown = Custom > Custom > La Fiesta Tech
Veronaville = Custom > Custom > Academe Le Tour
Riverblossom Hills = Custom > Custom > Custom

(Haven't re-created my other main hoods yet, but plan to today. Also, I've been busy building & don't think I have yet played one of my custom "downtown" hoods, so I don't know who all is lurking there! )

**** QUICKY UPDATE ****

I just re-created my "Experimental Acres" hood - complete with all custom subhoods- & quit the game to check things out with SimPE.

The results show a mere 243 Sims in the Sim Browser. This includes Cyd, the Critturs, the usual number of starting Strays & all NPC "types" (Cops, Maids, Proffesors, etc) & a small assortment of never-before-seen Townies/Dormies with nicer names. (No more Goopy! )

Not sure yet if this includes any Downtownies or not, but the Vampires are there, so...?

The Katt/Kim families (occupied "Pets" lots) I had already placed in other hoods to keep them from showing up ever again (it seemed nicer than out-right deleted them) & the "Seasons" families (Ramaswami, Ottomas & O'Mackey) where not there ethier, as I had ziped up the G002* Character folder after placing them safely in Riverblossom Hills.

Cyd & the Critturs are there on purpose, as they are the "star players" in a strange running storyline of my own devising.

I will be taking Cyd downtown later today & will let you know what I findout.

Oh & to Mikedelaney16: where did you find the "Vampire %" mod??

*For reasons I do not fully understand, my "Seasons" character folder was called G002, not G001.

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-17-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added an Update
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote