View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Well, Pets has pets!

Which is why I have it, being an animal lover. If you're not interested in having pets for your Sims (& many people aren't) then I would say give Pets a pass. Just don't be one of those annoying people who installs Pets & complains on all the boards about how lame they think it is. I really hate people who complain about self-inflicted stupidity!

Yes, Sarah Critter is part of a duo of pets (along with Danny) that Maxis created. They appear in the Sims Bin (complete with $500...what's that about?) & can be added to an existing family...but Sarah is expecting pups & Maxis being Maxis managed to screw up the data files so bad that without (or sometimes even with) a hack, her pups show as having no father & usually turn out to be clones of Sarah.

This is lame, but because I am using Danny, Sarah, Cyd & Porthos (the Maxis Sim Bin families Pets adds) for a very long & involved storyline I have that weaves through all (currently 13) of my Hoods, I didn't want to zap them out of the P001 folder...so I fired up SimPE & edited the Neighborhood Memory file & deleted Sarah's Token/Memory of being pregnant. *Poof* Sarah is no longer preggers & I am happy. (I also fixed the written description of Cyd to better fit what I am doing to him. SimPE rocks!)

-ZW