View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
Now if I can just figure out how to attach infant hair to my other skintones, I will be able to embark on yet another project designed to keep me from dealing with RL!
Infant hair: You should be able to take the baby-unisex scalps from your default replacements and import them into skintones of your choice. You might want to refer to Yakov's (BeosBoxBoy) tutorial, Pixel Perfect Skintones, on InSim to help you figure out which is which.

Quote:
Also, it seems I have one skin (Liquorice) that the CL Tool will not read at all! The skin shows up (nameless) in Body Shop & CAS & I see it in Sim Surgery, but the CL Tool won't acknowledge it, hence I can't get it's internal ID number!
If you use Roof Monkey's tut, I think it tells you how to get the ID number without the CL tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
I always thought that it went:
S1= Light, S2= Tan, S3= Medium & S4= Dark

However when I was playing around with the CL Tool in game, I noticed that when I swapped to the different Maxis default tones, it was clearly:
S1= Light, S2= Medium, S3= Tan & S4= Dark, as far as "lightest-to-darkest" was concerned!

I may have to take my chances & match the Tan/Medium tones visually & hope for the best.
Mine are (Jwilson5/Louis) Light, Mid, Tan, Dark Tan. However, jwilson5 does put up 2 sets.

Quote:
As for the other defaults, I plan on leaving them alone & "manually" switching relevant Sims to use a brilliant set of Maxis-match Alien, Were Wolf, Plant Sim, Wilt Plant Sim, Zombie & Mannequin skins that allow for infants to be born with said skintones. (I'm still deciding what to do- if anything- about my Vampires. Just not sure about the "blue hue" thing...)
Vampires are actually done by an overlay. There's a "more sheer" set on InSimAdult that lets more of their original skintone show through.

Quote:
I feel kind of bad since I am technically "messing" with someone else's creation...but then again, if that creation was broken- at least for my purposes- & I don't upload it anywhere, I think I should be okay.
I figure what I do in the privacy of my own computer is my business.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote