Thread: Second Life?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
haha mediaeval? lol You will mostly find Elspeth at jazz clubs

I was with my SL boyfriend this morning - a rare treat as he isn't able to get online very often. Buying Robin Hood outfits, his and hers, very pretty. Then we went wandering around a mountaintop and discovered a ruined Lost City. Later was fixing (RL) hubby's (SL) home for him. (That is the other thing I am often doing :P )

And there is a great Sim made by NASA - where yes you can see Shuttles - models made by I believe the people at NASA who made the initial 3D models, of all the shuttles. You can ride up to a space station too. Shorty I will take you there. That group has regular updates on all the missions.

But if you buy a Shuttle of your own, you may well find you can only fly it or even rez it, on your own land, so beware. Vehicles are a newbie trap...

Shorty I don't know that it is BETTER than Sims, just different - but it is fascinating. Lately I've been playing Sims 1, Sims 2, SL in about equal portions.

That's me, only ever open my mouth to change feet.

Sorry Sita, your SL name threw me off, Just like the medieval sim I stumbled into last week.
Whacko, just like that, 30,000 feet due up, and in orbit, ejected by the security system. That took some figuring out.

Hang on, buying Robin Hood outfits? Umm, wasn't "Robin of Locksley" a medieval man? A good buddy, of Richard the Third, The Lionheart King.

No matter, I am an international man of mystery, who wears a white linen suit, and cultivates friendships with possibly unsavoury characters.

Just like in the Bogey and Bacall movies.

Jazz clubs? Cool. Not trad I hope.
I have a big VHS library of old club 54 footage of Billy Holiday, The Count, Fats Waller, Ellah, you name it. I love blues and jazz, zydeco jump, big band swing. And reggae, and, and.
Just don't like this new electric jangling "HOUSE" noise. NOISE, not music.
Bach wrote music. Bach's fugue's are wow. Baroque jam sessions.
When younger, I spent quite some time on stage myself with various bands.
The voice is more like Tom Waits now. No more tenor love ballads for shorty.
I sing the low notes now.

That is some thing I've noticed. You SL girls are friendlier. I like that.
And talking with people resident on the island. I understand how long it can take to set up a house in SL. Longer than RL.

A reporter for the island paper (Miss Candy Flanagan) took me to the Isle of Wyrms, she is a member, and a steampunk. She teleported in to my place wearing a custom skin. A copper clockwork robot.
Great big key in her back turning away, and the gears in her head grinding. I could see her thinking.

NASA is simmed? Oh yes please Sita.
See Shorty do many many happy puppy dances.
And noted on the vehicle side, thank you. I am being a little cautious.
I may have spent , ooh, not very much, to enjoy the company of some really nice people. That is no cost at all, to a man who spends most of the week alone on the farm.

Sita, and any others who may venture into SL. I hope you can enable voice chat. I truly do. You wonderful people have become a large part of my social life these days. And I would dearly love to hear your voices.

That my friends, is the marvel of SL to me. Company. Another human voice.
I do like that voice chat. The people I am meeting.

The sims2? I've un-installed it. AGAIN, the crashing mess of a thing it is now.
I may never re-install it.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote