View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #75
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I have no idea where the vacation peeps are hiding (don't have BV installed yet) but I have to belive it would be in somekinda of character file in the newly created BV folder, as vacation people are so "tied in" to the various locations (as far as local customs/actions, etc)

Hmmm, does this mean that BV will or will not use the default replacement templets in a players Downloads folder to draw vacationers from??

The only file I have (currently) cleared out of my game is the UserData\Neighborhoods\N001\Characters one. Does this explain the fact that in my 3 all-me-created hoods, whenever I take a Sim to a "Dowtown" type hood I see lots of "other" Sims, but in a "Shopping" type hood I only see the other "playable" Sims and no computer generated ones???? In short, I seem to have only Downtownies & no Townies in those hoods. I also noticed a college proffesser wandering the streets of my "Downtown" lots & the friggen Gypsy showed up & even rang the doorbell at the dance club!

I haven't played at all with the Uni hoods in those me-created base hoods, but if I have college proffessors I figure I might have Dormies??

In short; whatintheheckhaveIdonetomypoorgame & is there anyway to fix it?

(Would it be maybe be possible to use the Simlogical Bush to make some of those Downtowines into Townies?? )

**EDITED TO ADD**

I popped into Canyon City (one of my all-me-created base hoods) that currently contains only the following 4 playable Sims:

Cyd C. Roseland
Nina Nelson (a former NPC garden club lady who is now living with Cyd)
Sandee Yuppie (a CAS "test" Sim living across the street from Cyd & Nina)
&
Thomas Lycos (offical EA download, complete with his own house)

"Playable" pets (which aren't counted by any in-game counter of mine) are:

Porthos C. Roseland (lives with Cyd & Nina)
Daquari, Sasparila (Danny & Sarah) with pups Margarita, Tequilla & Merlot (all living with Sandee)
&
Lycos, who- of course- came with Thomas & the Lycos Hub house

While there (at the Lycos Hub, actually) I used the Cenus Tool to checkout the ages of all the NPC's in the hood & found that Young Adults were present & accounted for, so at least I know that my hoods are drawing Downtownies & Dormies just fine. Did another test visit to a communtiy lot in my "Shopping" district & still only had my playables (and the cashiers) present.

Hmmmm...

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 09-14-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: update
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote