View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #29
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 28: Of School and She

Finally! Some Time for Themselves!

With the kids all safely snuggled in their beds and their house guest busy with his new girlfriend out on the patio, Greg finally had some time for Her. While they were happily snuggling on the love seat, She brought up the subject that had been on her mind all evening.

"Sweetie, I really miss the girls, now that they're away at the university, and I always wanted to go to college myself."

"Me, too," he agreed. "They keep offering me assistantships. They'd pay me to teach while I'm taking a degree." He chuckled. "As if we needed the money! We'd end donating the money for our assistantships!"

"I know. It's just their way of making sure you know they are sincere about wanting you to teach there. So, I was thinking, maybe we could go? Now that Giles is here, he could take care of Manse Orleans for us; and I really think he'd like us out from underfoot so that he can pursue young ladies. Do you think we could be on campus without cramping the girls' style?"

With a happy snort, he said, "Since when have we ever cramped their style? But I know what you mean. We couldn't move into that big house that we built for them on campus. That would be way too much of parental presence! We might find a place nearby, though. Our own place. There's no way I'm going to live in a dorm, not even one of those urban palaces that Tommy's boy has been building."

He nuzzled her for a moment while he was thinking. "Darn, I can't think of any place near campus that would really do. I think we'd have to send the construction crew down and build our own place!"

She hugged him and squealed with delight.

"What?" he asked, but she just grinned at him.

Some mercilous tickling brought on more squealing, accompanied by some very pleasant wiggling about. Then finally--

"All right! Pax! Let me breathe! King's X! I'll tell you!"

"So?"

"Well, it's just that I'm happy you are thinking that way, because I already sent Gloria down to the campus to buy some dirt!"