Thread: Any good news?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #125
shorty943
Banned

Cheapest and most corrosion resistant method. The gaping holes betwixt wall and roof no longer exist. After much to-ing and fro-ing, I managed to place a pair of truck load binders and 2 lengths of angle iron, just so. (This is turning out to be a mainly, single handed effort, the owner is away driving most time, and the "hired help" is better of out of my way). A little ratcheting down and lots of riveting later, Roof is now back in place, and a pair of "dodgers" are fitted, above the re-fitted hopper windows, to give a little more weather protection to the seals.

Note to self.
Take photo's before the job is finished, idiot.

No. worries, lots of rivets to put in yet. LOTS of rivets.
I'm going to need more of this .

After the fitting of electrical and plumbing services, in goes the 2 inch "Rockwool" insulation, and "Melamine" fire retardant interior lining. The outside gets pickled, by a simple wipe down with common or garden variety vinegar, then "Killrust" painted exterior. All shiny and bling.

Now the fun starts back on the inside. Greg knows exactly what I mean. It has to carry everything it could need to be self sufficient, and not one tiny piece is allowed to poke out where it can hurt a precious human person.

Yep, the major structural changes were easy.
Now, now the real fun starts.
Now, I have to listen to "she who must be obeyed".

Well, she is the cook, she must be happy in her galley.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote