Thread: Any good news?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #131
shorty943
Banned

Yes, and I broke a finger nail, and stubbed my toe as well.
The "hired help" is a troublesome teenager, who has been sent home from school, more times than he has been sent to school this year. A really big kid for his 13 year, almost 6 feet tall already, and with an attitude a mile wide. Stands over and bullies his mother, ooh, what I would do to that punk if he was 18.

Good news.

1, as of last night, I am at least half way paid back. Yippee, now I can start seriously looking for a replacement engine for my beloved old Land Rover.

2, I have now got my "new" windows machine up and running. (The fun I had chasing down a simple VGA gender bender, to set up this KVM switch). Puter is an ex-government refurbished Pentium4 1.6 Ghz thingy, in an Acer branded, now black painted case. (everything else is black and silver)
But it runs XP Pro SP2, so yippee there. Next is a video card upgrade, for my Linux box, then this machine gets the Nvidea 5500 card that resides in the Linux box now. Test drive Live for Speed, if all goes well there, the next is to re-install Sims 2.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote