View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #202
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1
Um, Downtownies weren't upgraded Townies, they were their own stupid ugly group.
I know...I didn't phrase that quite right!

I was referring to the way Maxis saw fit to hand out the ReNuYu Portachug doohickey to the existing Sims so they could change their funky turn ons. This was nice & showed some forethought.

One would have thought that they could have done a similar thing regarding Social Groups...but no, we get a whole new batch of Sims.

The really silly thing is that apartment roommates are drawn from the new pool & the game favors the new pool when deciding who shows up on what Community Lot.

So what's the "use" of the original Townies in AL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Even more than having a bunch of unwanted NPC sims around, the whole idea of branding people with stereotypes rather puts me off.
It gets even better.

Lots are now classed (in AL) as being Low, Middle or High class depending on the quality/price/type of objects on the lot in question & the surrounding lots.

Ready for even more? How about this:

You can tell what "class" a lot is by the Social Group that shows up there (community) or walks by (residential) because dear Maxis has "assigned" a class level to each Social Group.

Gear Heads = Low
Bohemians = Low or Middle
Jocks = Middle
Techs = Middle or High
Socialites = High

So much for designing a real community lot!

*sigh*

(I still want the adjustable height thing though...)

-ZW

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 09-18-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: grammer
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote