View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #55
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Aha! The theory that a sim who was pregnant when I installed Nightlife and Open For Business is proven false.

First I tested it by going back to Happy Valley to look for a likely victim. Amelia (Pardihardi) Eausaedi was willing enough to give it a try. Result:

Amelia had a normal birth.

Amelia had been pregnant for more than two years in the real world, even before I installed University.

And look who was on hand for the blessed event!

They had a celebrity visitor that day.

So it looks like all the paragons of the preggo party will be OK. To further test it, I went back to N008 Xanadu and checked in at the Xanadu College of the Performing Arts. There, I found Miss Jane Tanner was an hour a way from deployment of her payload.

Again, I just let the game run until the big moment. Result:

Jane Tanner and her baby Jackson.

Now I know that it is possible for a co-ed to give birth while on campus. Jane is a Freshman majoring in Biology, living in her own house. Now she'll need to find a roommate to help care for her baby or she'll never make it to her exams!

The birth was attended by the Primary Guilty Party and Jackson even came with his own cheerleader!

Jane, Jackson, YouKnowWho, and cheerleader Barbie Benson
I kid you not.

That still leaves open the mystery of why the game crashes every time Christine Tan and (whoever that other one was) try to give birth. I'm pretty sure that Christine was on campus when she got pregnant and didn't have her baby until she graduated and moved back to town. I still need to snoop all the college photo albums to see if I can figure out where she came from. She might be a converted NPC.

There are several other baby bombs in and around Xanadu so I'll go through them all and try to kee notes. I just might be able to sleuth this thing and figure out at least what circumstances lead to the crash.

I tried changing Christine to a teen and back again. All I got for that was having her get a memory of never having gone to college. I edited that out with SimPE, hoping that saving the sim again would fix the character file. No luck. Christine Tan still crashes the game when she tries to give birth.