Thread: Wren Self Sim!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #26
rdanner3
Herald of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
. . . it would be nice to have a utlility that would just sort out which downloads I'm actually using and which ones I'm not, and move the the ones I'm not off to a separate directory tree.
Agreed, Greg, even though (as a relative newbie to playing The Sims 2) I have relatively few. What would really rock (and I wish I had the programming acumen to accomplish) would be a scanner that checks for missing meshes, etc. and alerts the user to their absence, then (if they're free or the person has a subscription to the site necessary) downloads the lot in one go.

One frustration I have is simply the fact that there is no central repository for Sims 2 CC. Dashing hither and yon to find all the stuff I need is getting rather frustrating. (but I'll not bore you with the details) I think it'd be pretty cool for there to be a Custom Content Pack for the Sims 2, but the sheer size it would probably be (for all the typically-useful-and-free content) would probably make most webhosting max out on bandwidth frighteningly quickly. (I'm figuring, just on a bare estimate (ok, it's a WAG!) that such a pack would be well over 4Gb compressed.)

Hopefully I don't have to explain what "WAG" is, but I refer you to http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...d&string=exact to find out. (It's the first one listed.)

Men's clothing seems rather unpopular to mod or make for the Sims 2, and I'm not 100% certain why, because (hello) most neighborhoods that are normal-distribution need nearly a 1:1 ratio between males and females. Why should the men be so limited in clothing choices compared to the women?
rdanner3 is offline   Reply With Quote