Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #41
Hokieman
Solar Max

BTW, this assumes that the skin is supposed to work with the bodyshape in the first place. I've found a number of skins that were supposed to be pinup, but, turned out they weren't showerproof. (Neither in CAS or Christianlov) Christianlov is good for helping to weed them out. Just load the all in and methodically try every one. Once you've found them, then all you have to do is covert them to the right bodyshape using Bodyshop.
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #42
Hokieman
Solar Max

One other thing, you have to know what the ID is of the skin you want to use before you go into SimPE. I found a nifty little way to get the ID matched up to the filename and description.

When you load Christianlov, there is a section at the bottom of the CL Tool that gives you that information in an easy to use format. Once you scan the files in, just copy that info to notepad, Word, etc. If you keep your skintones in different directories, you need to copy the info for each directory immediately after you scan it. Otherwise, the only thing you get is the last directory scanned. The ID is the last value in each line.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #43
Sita
Solar Max

hmmm
ok that all looks HARD.
Problem solved, I saved my Sim! It was a mesh problem, worked that out from Beos? or Warlokk? tutorial on special shapes. I did have the right mesh installed and reinstalled it and it works now... So she lives on. Pearl is now well matched with Alex Goth, the orchestral conductor, and running a local house of ill repute.
Thanks all for the explanations, I am so glad I didn't have to use them!
Sita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #44
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

You kind of lost me there in Christianlov's Skin Tone Changer, Hokieman. Could you post a screen shot?
Old 04-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #45
Hokieman
Solar Max

Ok, here's a screen shot of one of my skintone directories loaded into CL Tool. Forgive the screen editing please as I'm still learning how to get Photoshop to do what I want it to do so this is kinda clutzey. Also, when I tried to cut the image down to a smaller size, the text became unreadable so it's still my screen size of 1280x1024. (Sorry Greg) It's still hard to read but hopefully you'll get the idea. of what I am trying to explain.

So to sorta explain where this screen is generated:
Open CL Tool
Click the Tool tab, then the Custom Skintone Selector tab
Fill in the two top blanks with the location of your skintones folder and the location of the Christianlov Skintone Selector File.
The click on scan

The bottom window will list the skintones in that directory.

You can copy all the data in the bottom window by just selecting and copying using a right click. Then open notepad, Word or your favorite word processing program and paste.

If you have skintones in multiple folders like I do, then just rerun the procedure for each folder, copying and pasting as you go because the data in the bottom window gets replaced everytime you run scan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CL Tool Sample.jpg (209.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #46
Hokieman
Solar Max

Since Beosboxboy took over doing the daily updates on Insim, he's been bringing in some "Golden Oldies". Today there was a tutorial by Wirelessguy on using SimPE's SimSurgery to change and active sim. Since we were talking about it earlier in this thread I thought I'd give everybody who hasn't seen it the link.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=18184