Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #21
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
I had Don Lothario boff the gardner girl until he starved to death. Problem solved!

I must admitt, I never thought of that one before! (I suppose if a "Romance" Sim got to pick they way they died though..... )

Yes, Don is something of a problem, but- for my "storyline"- I have to keep him around for a little bit. I have also just recently stumbled onto a (MATY) hack that "unlocks" all LTWs, regardless of a Sims aspiration/personality/intrests. Combined with my twisted sense of humour, this could prove quite interesting for old Don! Of corse I could just change is aspiration to something else (with one of my many hacks) but where's the fun in that?

Getting (sort of) back on topic, I'm about half way through my "Pets Install Maxis Event Triggering" spree. So far things have progressed perfectly fine (for my purposes) though I'm seriously missing my objects/hacks/etc!! (I'm trying to play "vanilla" to elimante what conflicts could occur when I "upgrade" my saved games to Seasons. )

Will post an update when I finally re-install Seasons/Celebrations.

-ZW
Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #22
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

** UPDATE ON MY QUEST TO CURE SEASONS WANTSLOT DISEASE **

(Yeah, I'm sure you're all just waiting with baited breath. Riiiiiiiight. )

Well, I finally managed my "play through" of the various Maxis "starting" pre-scripted family/event stuff on a clean (no hacks* ) install of Sims 2 & all EP/SPs up to Pets. Actually thinking (for a change) I promptly made backup copies of all 3 hoods, which I then stashed away on my "F" Drive (a removable 80 GB thingy) for safe keeping.

Then I took a deep breath & re-applied Seasons (with Patch) and Celebrations to my game. After booting everything up, I took a quick peek at a couple of my previous "problem childeren" (Cassandra, Circe, Buzz... ) where I found....everything looking perfect!

WooHoo!

Then I logged off & took a reeeeaaaallyy deep breath before sticking in my very well organized (and freakishly huge) Downloads folder. Then I added my user start-up cheat file. Then I did the "things that have to overwrite stuff in the base game files" routine (CEP, Gunmod's AWESOME light files, a Firplace txt & Wall txt) before deciding that I should really do a de-frag before going any further. (Mostly because I was scared to death to see what might be waiting for me in my game now! )

So I de-fraged.

And took the deepest breath of the day.

Then I booted up my fully loaded game.

And then remembered that I had to re-boot (again) to get the custom content to work.

So I did that.

And everything is still looking spiffy! Even the families in oh-so-fresh Riverblossom Hills (which were a major sorce of grief the first time around) are playing nicely. No blacked-out slots!

WooHoo again!

So- for whatever reason- there can most certainly be serious conflicts with both a clean install of Seasons and a "fresh run" of the pre-scripted Maxis stuff.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a game to get back to!

-ZW
Old 04-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #23
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Great news!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote