Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Default My self-sim family for download

So I'm jumping on the self-sim bandwagon. I present to you me, my husband, and our two cats.

This would be me. All custom content should be included and should be from free sites. The clothes on both of us are from Adele, and hair is Nouk's I believe. I use custom eye and skin defaults, so it should show up as S1 and dark blue eyes. The hair is binned as brown, which is my natural color, but I dye it about this shade of red and have a similar haircut. So it's pretty accurate...if you decide to breed me, I'll pass on brown genes. I'm a Pisces. The default Pisces is close enough, but if you want to fiddle, I'm a little messy, average-ly active, very shy, pretty serious, and pretty nice. I forget the exact numbers. I'd be a Knowledge sim, and if you have Free Time, my secondary aspiration could be Pleasure.

Profile shot:

That handsome devil trying to avoid the camera there is my husband. He doesn't look much like this in real life because he's a big guy. The fat morph does not suit him on the game, so I had to settle for just plumping up his face a bit.

Oh, look, I finally caught him on camera!

Hi sweetie!

He has such a gorgeous profile in real life, and I tried to capture it here. He really does have long hair like this, but rarely has it in a ponytail. S1 skintone, green eyes. His eyes are actually hazel with a brown ring in them. I could have found a custom eye that matched if I wanted, but I don't like messing up the natural genetics of the game. So I figured green would be the closest match. The game kept wanting to make him a Taurus when I did his personality by hand, but he's really a Scorpio (Pisces/Scorpio match = WIN). He's really grumpy, lazy, super playful, not very neat, and sorta outgoing. Make him a Pleasure sim for accuracy, with a secondary aspiration of Popularity.

We also have two kittens.

Jinx is a kitten I found at work. I'm a truck driver, and my current job involves shuttling trailers back and forth between a drop yard and the paper mill about 20 miles away. One night I saw this tiny little kitten pawing around behind a trailer. I couldn't get him that night, but the next night I brought my cat carrier, stuck a can of cat food in it, and snuck up behind him and slammed the door before he could get away. He hated me for the first couple of days...then he realized I provided unlimited food. Now he's a snugglemuffin. I forget the pet personality things, but he's smart and friendly, yet cowardly.

The Jinx you'll download has the fur accessories and the longhair tail, same as Mojo. I didn't realize until after I'd taken these pics that he's got longer fur than this. Also, the Jinx in my game is a girl, because I want kittens!

Mojo is another rescue. He looks like a really light Birman, or something. He's creamy colored with gray points, and icy blue eyes. I found him in our backyard with his brother, who has since gone on to live with relatives down the street. He's got long, incredibly silky soft fur. And he's an attention whore. If I'm petting Jinx, he's gotta get all up in my face for attention too.

Both cats are really kittens right now (actually in between kittens and cats), but you can't make kittens in CAS, so this is what they should look like when they grow up.

Do with us as you will. Adopt one or both of my cats into your sim family. Make me and James both family sims and force me to have 20 kids. Stick James in your asylum challenge. Make me a raging lesbian if you want. I don't care. Just let me know what we're doing in your neighborhood so I can enjoy it too!

Download Kaylyn!
Download James!
Download Jinx!
Download Mojo!
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Crystal
Addicted Anjafan

She's real pretty Kaylyn! James is cute too and I like the cats!
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Kaylyn, what do we do with .7z files?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Run 'em through WinRAR, which I know you hate. It's a Linux format.

Kaylyn, have you looked at the Bear Bodybuilders?
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

You can also use 7zip, a free unzipper-upper thingy that's all the rage now. Completely free and no nagware. If you like, I can zip them and repost later. Just got in from work and was checking on my Warhammer download before bed, so I can make .zip files when I get up this afternoon. Just lemme know you haven't decided to use winrar or 7zip and demand the .zip files and I'll get right to it!

Edit: Oh, and Rose: what's a who's-it? Is that one of the custom bodyshapes that I'm too squeamish to try out? :P
Old 08-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Greg

Well... I'm reluctant to install new software just for two sims, and I don't have WinRAR.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Ok, no problem, I can upload a .zip for you. But just so you know, a lot of people are using 7zip now. It handles .zip, .rar, and many other forms of compression, and if you use it to create .7z files, it seems to compress the files smaller than other forms. So if you decide to download other custom content, there's a really good chance you'll run across this format again. I use it mainly because I hate WinRAR's nagware (and I'm too cheap to pay for it when it works perfectly fine without registering) and for some reason, Vista's Winzip and Vista don't get along well on my computer.

But no problem! I'll just remember to use .zip files from now on!

Edit: Combined Kaylyn/James download in .zip format

Last edited by Kaylyn : 08-16-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:33 AM   #8
Greg

Curiouser and curiouser. I use WinZip on my Vista machine. It handles RAR and zip formats just fine. When I built my new machine (after blowing up my old one), I had to download WinZip again and ended up buying a new license for it.

This is the first time I've seen the .7z files.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #9
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylyn View Post
Edit: Oh, and Rose: what's a who's-it? Is that one of the custom bodyshapes that I'm too squeamish to try out? :P
Actually, it's the newest custom bodyshape for guys! It's a heavy but muscular guy that looks kind of like the Russian weight lifters from the 70s. It's on InSim so it's not X-rated, and there are quite a few outfits (and clothing meshes) for him, as well as a skintone, so he won't turn into a Maxis guy in the shower.

If you'd like your favorite custom "guy clothes" converted, that's quite easy too. I can give you instructions (or convert them for you, since I need some inspiration to convert stuff for my BBB (bear body builder) guys).
Old 08-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Rose, if your conversion instructions will work for any bodyshape, I'd be interested in them. It might give me the inspiration to actually try out some more custom bodyshapes, knowing I won't have to download all new clothes just for them.

Greg, maybe it wasn't actual Winzip I was having problems with. It was whatever unzipper was included with Vista by default. I'd use it to unzip, and it would always hang up at 99% for a few minutes before shutting down.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yes, they will! Let me find one of my more coherent versions to start with...
Old 08-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Crystal
Addicted Anjafan

What's a bear body builder? I never heard of 7z but I use Winzip for RAR.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:28 AM   #13
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

I approve of the bear bodybuilder shape! Not for Eddie/James, of course...he's just, well, fat, but it's all-over rather than a beer belly like the fat morph. However, in Sim!Eddie...well, it is a fantasy... :P
Old 08-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Warlokk's tutorial: http://warlokkstower.googlepages.com/bodyshapeguide Scroll down to "Converting Standard Outfits/Skintones to Bodyshape Meshes." It's for the ladies, but it works for the guys too.

Gothplague's tutorial (with pictures): http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=41045
Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 AM   #15
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

I had a brain fart and commented on your tutorial page you made. Forgot that we weren't supposed to do that and post got deleted. Sorry Greg! Anways, I'll give it a try at some point.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #16
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Actually, it's stories you aren't supposed to go to far astray on. Tutorials, post away, especially if you've got questions!

Crystal, a Bear Body Builder is a muscular guy with a bit of tummy. Ok, more than a bit... think smallish Sumo wrestler or 70s Russian weight lifter.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 AM   #17
Greg

Oh, now I get it! A real guy, then; built like a bear.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep! Warning to anatomical correctness fiends... No one's done that yet, so you've gotta use Crammyboy's aparatus.

Oh, does that sound bad!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 AM   #19
Greg

Yeah. Don't forget that we're on Sun Sims here. Note that the background is light blue rather than mauve.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:16 AM   #20
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep, I was trying to stay sweet and innocent. I guess I didn't succeed!