Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Boo
Rising Sun

Default Saving The Sims

This is Boo from Saving The Sims. I'm looking for a little bit of help from anyone who is in the position to help out. I have massive amounts of CD's and DVD's full of Sims sites and groups that have closed down. We are trying to contact the owners of these sites/groups to ask for permission to host their files so that the new generation of Sims players can enjoy all these lost wonderful creations. There is still a large Sims population out there and they are missing some fantastic things. We are looking for Fingermouse of CheapFrills, the owner of Party Sims and anyone else you might have contact with like Trinkets and Treasures. Any help would be appreciated. For those of you who know STS, then you know we work hard to protect the files that belong to someone else and that all credit for their creation stays with the creator.

Thank you!

Boo
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Hi Boo! I applaud your effort, and also your ethics! Fantastic work!

I don't have any information about CheapFrills or Party Sims, but there was a site named Trinkets & Treasures that was once hosted by SimsHost. If I recall correctly the webmaster for that site was the same as the one for Treasures for The Sims 2.

I'll send you the contact info in a PM just in case that's who you're looking for.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I might have contact info for the owner of Party Sims. Let me look and get back to you...
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
Boo
Rising Sun

Default Sts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
I might have contact info for the owner of Party Sims. Let me look and get back to you...
We stayed in contact when she was having trouble with keeping her site up and then her computer died and we were contacting each other when ever she was at her mother's house - but then my computer crashed and I lost the e-mail address. We were talking about STS hosting her files but I don't want to just post them without written permission from her. If you have a way to contact her it would be fantastic. Thanks a ton!

Boo
Old 06-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Boo
Rising Sun

Default Sts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Hi Boo! I applaud your effort, and also your ethics! Fantastic work!

I don't have any information about CheapFrills or Party Sims, but there was a site named Trinkets & Treasures that was once hosted by SimsHost. If I recall correctly the webmaster for that site was the same as the one for Treasures for The Sims 2.

I'll send you the contact info in a PM just in case that's who you're looking for.
Thanks so much! We are in the process of re-doing STS with the new file allotment - but before we had 107 groups of things we have managed to save - now it's condensed down to about 32-33. I'd so love to be able to add more to it as there are still a great many Sims players and we have more and more joining every day.

All help is so very much appreciated.

Boo