Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #21
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Was the pregnant sim in question created before or after you installed OFB?
(I'm grasping at straws here).

43 would seem to be a very strange and arbitrary number to choose as a maximum for anything.

Have you triple, quadruple and quintuple checked for conflicting hacks?

And is your Inteenimater installed directly in the "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" folder?

MikeD
mikedelaney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #22
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedelaney16 View Post
Was the pregnant sim in question created before or after you installed OFB?
(I'm grasping at straws here).

43 would seem to be a very strange and arbitrary number to choose as a maximum for anything.

Have you triple, quadruple and quintuple checked for conflicting hacks?

And is your Inteenimater installed directly in the "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" folder?

MikeD
1. Before
2. Yes, it does.
3. Yes, yes, and yes.
4. Yes.

Try #13 bombed. I created a clone and wanted to use the Insimenator to change the father's NID to the clone. Unfortunately, the sim I tried first was already in labor, and the Insimenator's Reproductive Adjuster requires that the sim do the action; it's not instantaneous.

It might work to use SimPE to remove some of Gregsim's children from his inventory but first I want to see if I can find another pregnant sim who hasn't gone into labor yet and try changing the NID to see if that works.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #23
Greg

And another thing I want to try is having a pre-Nightlife sim have a baby by a different father.

The odd thing is that just two days ago, a sim did have a normal birth. That was child #43.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #24
Greg

Try #14: Changed father's NID. Result: Crash.

I'll have to think of something else.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #25
Greg

Well, the Reproductive Adjuster also has an option to abort a pregnancy, which I think I'll have to resort to if there's no way to produce a viable baby, but it doesn't work for the one who is already in labor. In her case it seems the baby is lost no matter what I do, but I'll have to think of something totally different if I want to save the mother.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:07 PM   #26
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

I've often wondered what is the maximum number of sims you can have in a neighborhood.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:22 AM   #27
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedelaney16 View Post
I've often wondered what is the maximum number of sims you can have in a neighborhood.
I know before I discovered how to avoid the Fugly Maxis created Sims and JMP's various noregen hacks that I had over 1500 in one hood...
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #28
Greg

I had a theory that the problem might be in the number of sims who have to be update every time a baby is born. With that thought in mind, I looked around for an available bachelor in Xanadu and a mother of one of Gregsim's children who happened to have a vacancy.

The result:

Justine de Sade with Jezebel, her baby by Bryce McNab

Justine already had two children by Greg, teen Juliette and Marguerite, who grew up to be a toddler while Justine was in labor with Jezebel.

I was wondering whether the whole neighborhood was jinxed but clearly, it's not the neighborhood.

That leaves the question of whether it's possible to create a new sibling for Gregsim's multitudes. Justine, being Justine, was eager to volunteer to find out. So:

Justine is pregnant for the fourth time.

If she can deliver this baby, then that will narrow the problem down to just sims who were pregnant at the time I installed Nightlife and Open For Business. That could have dire implications for other neighborhoods.

If not, then I'll know the problem is specifically related to Gregsim in this neighborhood, though we can only speculate what went awry. I am suspicious that it's because so many sims in so many households have to be updated every time his offspring get another sibling. He came here with his whole family so his parents and grandparents exist in Xanadu, too.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:00 AM   #29
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Unto how many generations? Maybe you should have one of Gregsim's siblings have a baby too.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 AM   #30
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Unto how many generations? Maybe you should have one of Gregsim's siblings have a baby too.
It goes back to Olis and Ada, the babies' great-grandparents. They were in the house with Greg's mom and dad when I installed the house in N008.

In any case, now it's confirmed:

Francois de Sade, son of Justine and Greg

So, we know that the problem is with sims who were pregnant when I installed Nightlife, Open For Business, or Inteenimator. I get errors with the pregnancy controller calls to Inteenimator, so that's a pretty strong clue. It might be that sims who were pregnant before I installed Nightlife or OFB have a pregnancy controller that is not compatible with the OFB+FFS version of Inteenimator.

Off hand, I do not remember whether any of my pregnant-before-Nightlife sims gave birth in the time between installing Nightlife and installing Inteenimator. For quite a while there I was only turning on the game to shoot illustrations for stories and none of those sims were involved.

What it might come down to is that I'll have to delete any pre-Nightlife pregnancies and start them over with the current configuration. Fortunately, with one exception, the Insimenator Reproductive Adjuster makes that fairly easy to do.

The one exception is the sim who is already in labor. I don't know how to save her.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #31
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Maybe Dr SimPE can make her not pregnant?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #32
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Maybe Dr SimPE can make her not pregnant?
Maybe, but can it make her not in labor too?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #33
Miros1
Goddess for Life

At worst, the game would crash in a different way!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #34
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I just had a thought....

1) Backup.
2) Make the Sim in labor not pregnant with SimPE.
2) Open up a different house and use the ToLaD to move the sim in labor in.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #35
Greg

Hmm... that would move her to a different house, which could be important. As we have learned, the house remembers who is pregnant so that a pregnant sim who gets invited into another household and then moves back can suddenly find herself in an immaculate conception situation.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #36
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I suspect if you left another Sim in the house to "hold" it and played a little while the pregnant Sim was in the other family, that the immaculate conception wouldn't happen.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #37
Greg

Christine Is Saved!

The sim I wanted to rescue from oblivion is Miss Christine Tan. She was in labor when I last saved her household, so there was no opportunity to stop the pregnancy with the Insimenator's Reproductive Adjuster.

Christine Tan was in labor when I last saved the household.

It looked like Christine was doomed. If I could stop her pregnancy, I could then restart it with the current configuration of my game with hope that she could have a normal delivery; but since the labor animation had already started, there was no way to get her to use the Reproductive Adjuster before she attempted to deliver the baby.

Then Rose gave me the idea. Move her to a different household. It turned out even easier than that. I didn't need to use SimPE and didn't need to move her. All I had to do was delete her!

After deleting her, I saved the lot, exited, and re-entered. There was Christine, waiting by the mailbox. While the game was still paused, I had her spawn the Reproductive Adjuster and then used it to relieve her of her tragic, fatal pregnancy.

No longer officially pregnant, but still... erm... pregnant!

Now for the really fun part: Although she doesn't show as pregnant with either the Reproductive Adjuster or Danny's DMA Sims Teleporter, and although she has lived through a day in her life afterward without attempt to deliver her baby, and although she once again has the "Try For Baby" option in situations where she might have such an option, she still looks, dresses, and acts pregnant! She's still eating for two and her bladder isn't happy about that extra mass, and she's even still on maternity leave from work!

The one remaining question is whether she can have a normal pregnancy now. That's the next thing to test. If it works, I'll know how to rescue any other ladies whom I find with a Pre-Nightlife pregnancy. Some of my sims have been wandering around pregnant for years of real time, but if Christine comes through, I can still use the Reproductive Adjuster or Tombstone of Life & Death to restore them to their happily pregnant state without messing up any on-going relationships.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 AM   #38
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Cheer! Knew it was just a matter of interrupting the delivery process!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #39
Greg

The bad news is that when she got pregnant again and tried to deliver her baby, the game crashed. I'll have to experiment a lot more to figure out what's going on. Christine's basic character file might be corrupted. Or Greg's. Or both. Or maybe it's the house.

I'm hoping that this doesn't mean that the game permanently corrupted every sim who was pregnant at the time I installed Nightlife, Open For Business, or Inteenminator; but that just might be the case.

Or maybe I just happened to hit upon two unique sims. I fear that's too much of a coincidence to hope for, though.

When she got pregnant again, Christine did have her normal clothes and body shape back during the 1st trimester, so we can assume that it's not a problem with the bit where she changes back to her non-pregnant body shape and everyday clothes.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #40
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Isn't there some cache file that sometimes gets corrupted and causes problems?