Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Welcome to Sun Sims! > New Members Introduce Yourself! :)
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
justdave
Rising Sun

Cool Hi, I'm just Dave

..... Keeping it simple. I'm just Dave. I've been with the Sims since the original game. I haven't even tried making clothes or skins or meshes. Don't know if I can or ever will, but I have ideas.
..... I've been on ModTheSims2 and all their rules pretty much drove me out.
..... Mostly since that time I've been mildly active on two other forums which probably you know what they are. My screen name here is different from them, but I will attach a picture of my longest-reigning sim, Valarie Rose, and some may well know who I am.
Dave (just Dave)
justdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
justdave
Rising Sun

Default and now for the right image of Valarie Rose!

..... Valarie, the redhead in the middle telling an absolutely side-splitting joke to new friends.
Dave (I'll get this right yet, it's early in the morning!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B3.JPG (68.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yes, I know who you are! Thought you said you weren't stalking me.

Welcome to SunSims!

Join in on the games; most of them are self explanatory.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Hokieman
Solar Max

Welcome!
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Welcome to Sun Sims, Dave!

Valerie is really cute!

Hmm... what onerous rules do they have on MTS2? Maybe there's a lesson to be learned from your experience.

Sun Sims has rules, too, right here. I think they can be summed up as:
  1. Be nice.
  2. Keep it clean.
    (Public board, y'know. Children are watching.)
  3. Have fun.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #6
justdave
Rising Sun

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Yes, I know who you are! Thought you said you weren't stalking me.

Welcome to SunSims!

Join in on the games; most of them are self explanatory.
..... I got to tell ya, I wuzn't stalking. Just for yuks I put a google search and out comes Sun Sims after a half dozen pages of the usual you know this and that. So here I am and it seems as though Sun Sims is in its early stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Welcome to Sun Sims, Dave!

Valerie is really cute!

Hmm... what onerous rules do they have on MTS2? Maybe there's a lesson to be learned from your experience.

Sun Sims has rules, too, right here. I think they can be summed up as:
  1. Be nice.
  2. Keep it clean.
    (Public board, y'know. Children are watching.)
  3. Have fun.
..... Thanks for Valarie Rose. She was a very early sim who has grown (and been cloned over & over) in the game. I found her original package and she's still easily recognizable even though now much custom content has replaced the original Maxis stuff. The MTS2 rules were driving me nuts. Deleted posts here, there and everywhere. Don't know where some custom content came from... plonk, your posting is deleted. Go off-topic in a thread... deleted. Constructive criticism... deleted. Some I don't have a clue why... deleted. I haven't uploaded anything there in years. Seldom post even a comment. And I prefer to be nice, keep it clean and be respectful. Your rules are easy.
..... Thanks for the welcome, Dave
Old 06-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Greg

Oops. I'll need to learn to spell Valarie's name correctly. Sims can be very sensitive about that!

She sounds like some of my favorite sims in my game, the ones I call "the star line." They show up in every neighborhood, mostly because they're continuing characters in stories that I have been writing ever since the early days of the Tales of Happy Valley on the ol' Hullabaloo.

Hello from Happy Valley!

In other news: Inspired by the thought, I made some notes about the way I moderate these boards in a seperate thread.

Sun Sims has around for a bit more than a year, so I wouldn't say that it's just getting started. We have never been big promoters, but that's because I like it the way it is. After running the largest Sims site in the world for five years, I quite enjoy the more relaxing nature of our little neighborhood pub.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
justdave
Rising Sun

Smile Recurring sims in my games

..... I know what you mean about having favorite sims in the game all the time. Valarie has been there right from the start. I even had one neighborhood of sims that were all based on Valarie (which included every age, skin color and so on, but all had Valarie's trademark red hair and blue eyes). There was another sim from the very beginning named Bernice, also a blue-eyed redhead. Bernice seems to have been lost as I transitioned from one computer to this newer one. Bernice may still exist somewhere, she's just lost at the moment.
..... There is also an unwritten rule in my game that every neighborhood has a Devon Aoki (I think I got her at MTS2).
..... My favorite sims are Asian/Oriental. I married a Chinese and that preference goes into the game as well.
Dave
Old 06-02-2008, 02:24 AM   #9
Greg

With red hair, blue eyes, and Asian features, Valarie must have a very interesting family history!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
justdave
Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
With red hair, blue eyes, and Asian features, Valarie must have a very interesting family history!
..... With more custom content Valarie could become more of a cameleon than you could imagine.
..... There was a skin I got very early on at MTS2 for invisible skin. Made it really odd to see Valarie with just the red hair, pair of eyes and mouth floating around with the clothes. There was also a "soap bubble" skin with nearly the same effect though body parts were visible (in a soap bubble sort of way). Those skins are long gone as the novelty of them wear after a while.
Dave
Old 06-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
Greg

Invisible skin!

It sounds like just what you need if you're shooting a remake of an old science fiction story!